The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What’s the prettiest?
(01-12-2017, 11:47 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 10:26 PM)Alan Wrote: Ok, just to stir things:  Speedex Silverstone - I always wanted one.

Me too... I love them all but there's something about the Silverstone that really does it for me. Big Grin

It took me 10 years to find mine. The body is very rough, but I'm in no hurry...

There is one for sale in NZ at the moment, but it doesn't have the poise of the FW special. I'm going to try hard to get mine a little closer...

The one for sale in NZ was built quite recently from a virgin body tub that had never been on a car, sadly, well in my eyes anyway, the builder decided to cut the shell about, and has fitted home made wishbone front end with coil over dampers, rack and pinion steering, A series engine, and BMC rear axle. It is his car of course but I feel it would have been so much nicer had he built it in period with swing axle front, late long taper rear axle and either a well sorted seven engine or even a ford 10. We of course have far more relaxed regulations here so people build all sorts of silhouette racer's, they like the look of an old car but not the character and want more modern running gear. Hot rod builder mentality, I suppose there is a place for everything, it's just a shame when good stuff gets chopped up to build some of them.
Black Art Enthusiast
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Swallow or the Burleigh...
Naturally I think my Benjaustin is the prettiest!
Quite a diverse set of replies! 
R, it looks as though you can have as many favourites as you like. My second preference in that case would be a Mk 1 Ruby. Something cuddly and curvaceous about them.
Dave.
Well everybody has their own ideas but I like a bit of the Frenh oh la la

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Wink 
The prettiest? Any A7 that is sitting in my garage. [Image: wink.png]
(02-12-2017, 10:18 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: The prettiest? Any A7 that is sitting in my garage. [Image: wink.png]

Hear hear!

Arthur
For me it's a Bantam in the saloon department and a Batten Special for the sports.
(01-12-2017, 07:34 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Not strictly a Seven, but I rather like this Rosengart special:
A superb car, I love the Vernon Derby and Amilcars too, can't afford either, but some amazing cyclecars also came out of France. The Darmont is a magnificent three wheeler, splendid tails on some of them!

Standard Sevens aside, some excellent specials have emerged from time to time and still do. Chris Gould, being local to me, has designed some functional and exciting designs for building vintage looking specials.

Arthur
Hi all, what about  the best Seven off them all, a MK2 Ruby, roomy, comfortable, fairly quiet, and will take four people in relativity comfort.
It gets my vote all the time.
Happy Christmas to you all. S&P.

PS, Where have all the flags gone? Huh
(04-12-2017, 09:34 PM)phillips Wrote: Hi all, what about  the best Seven off them all, a MK2 Ruby, roomy, comfortable, fairly quiet, and will take four people in relativity comfort.
It gets my vote all the time.
Happy Christmas to you all. S&P.

PS, Where have all the flags gone? Huh

Only if it's green Stu!!!

[Image: Wales_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif]