The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What’s the prettiest?
29 - 30 Chummy, SWB Ulster - with correct headlights, SWB Steel Saloon. Good job really as that's just what's in my garage although my Chummy's a bit 'debatable'!! 

Steve Smile
(01-12-2017, 08:50 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: 29 - 30 Chummy, SWB Ulster - with correct headlights, SWB Steel Saloon. Good job really as that's just what's in my garage although my Chummy's a bit 'debatable'!! 

Steve Smile

Thank you Steve,
I was going to put the same thing, but didn't want to risk it being taken the wrong way.

None of my cars are what I went out to buy, they are what I've had the chance to buy.

But when this thread made me think what's my favourite or what I see as the prettiest. I relisted I already have most of what I love.

C Cab van.
Super sports
27 chummy
RK saloon
blown Ulster
Amongst others.

It goes to show we austin 7 owners can consider ourselves very lucky boys.

Tony.
I love the RP.
The proportions work for me and they have the classic pre war look of chrome exposed radiator boxy look, wire wheels with exposed spare. They just shout pre war 'look'
If you were to ask a child to draw an 'old' car they would draw an A7 RP box saloon. Nuff said...
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I do like the SWB steel saloons, and the Ulster.  The SWB Arrow Foursome was rather pretty.  I was lucky enough to own the ugliest Austin 7 ever built, the one which my neighbour (ex GCHQ!) thought was an invalid carriage.  It gave me a great deal of pleasure before I did the right thing and put it out of its misery.
Recently I have seen some appeal in the lines of the Mk II Ruby but I put that down to my age and the medication!
(01-12-2017, 09:29 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Recently I have seen some appeal in the lines of the Mk II Ruby but I put that down to my age and the medication!

Well I'm on the same medication as you are and they don't do it for me so it can't be that. However, I'm older than you are so maybe you'll grow out of it! Wink Wink

Steve

PS: The Invalid Carriage was pretty grim though wasn't it!
Two more for consideration: the early '20s 50mph Sports, especially with the early butterfly wings, and the late '20s B-Type Coupe.
Ok, just to stir things: Speedex Silverstone - I always wanted one.
My first 7 was a Mk1 Ruby when DoA7C first started , I was never keen on it but most of us in the club had them , then I bought a 4 seater tourer which I liked ,then had a Nippy (now in Japan with Junchi ) then a change of wives forced the sale of that , changed 5 years later to a RN which I still have , have gone full circle again now , got the 50th from last Ruby produced and love it so much so I have also now bought a Mk 2 Pearl to restore.
(01-12-2017, 10:32 PM)Nigel was in Brittany Wrote: My first 7 was a Mk1 Ruby when DoA7C first started , I was never keen on it but most of us in the club had them , then I bought a 4 seater tourer which I liked ,then had a Nippy (now in Japan with Junchi ) then a change of wives forced the sale of that , changed 5 years later to a RN which I still have , have gone full circle again now , got the 50th from last Ruby produced and love it so much so I have also now bought a Mk 2 Pearl to restore.

I like the Australian Austin Seven bodies (surprise)

I think my 1929 fabric bodied Saloon by Holden is very good looking and the 1929 Meteor by Flood runs a close second.  

Cheers, Tony
(01-12-2017, 10:26 PM)Alan Wrote: Ok, just to stir things:  Speedex Silverstone - I always wanted one.

Me too... I love them all but there's something about the Silverstone that really does it for me. Big Grin

It took me 10 years to find mine. The body is very rough, but I'm in no hurry...

There is one for sale in NZ at the moment, but it doesn't have the poise of the FW special. I'm going to try hard to get mine a little closer...