The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fabric joint
+ 1 for DC's HS Propshaft, I have one on my Chummy, direct replacement 
fit and forget, well grease it sometimes
If you use your car a lot, then Dave Cochrane HS replacement is a really smart move.
So I agree with the two advocates of going that route.
Not only for longevity but also a significant reduction in vibration.
another +1 for DCs HS prop-shaft fitted on my 1929 AD tourer several years ago and has never given a moments trouble. Smile
(06-06-2020, 01:00 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: There used to be a factory that made fabric couplings up here in Glasgow - some years ago it was bought over and all the equipment was moved to the Midlands (I think), where it has sat unused since I understand.  Possibly due to nobody knowing how to operate it properly...
Could this be that company? Still trading:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It could well be - certainly worth a call to them. If it is the same, they made very good stuff!
I e mailed them some time ago and got no response.
GMS is local to me. Called there once to order one for my Amilcar. He has no interest in cars and will only supply if you have a pattern or the old coupling, not just dimensions. The quality is good however.
If you want to stay with a flexible joint, there are other types available - though if anything is made in the correct size I don't know.  http://www.techdrives.co.uk/rubber-disc-...pling.html