The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin-sized dust covers
I have been trying to find a thread on here about car covers - must be one somewhere - but no luck yet. Anybody have a recommendation for dust covers designed to fit either 1930/31 Chummy/Tourer or Ulster-type specials. Or is it carry on with the old sheets and blankets?
I think this was discussed here (on the new forum ) a couple of months ago and someone said a Smart car one fitted ,I cant remember if it was a cover for a for2 or a forfour.
I found that an outdoor cover for a Smart For2 fitted my 1929 fabric saloon very well. I imagine it would fit a chummy with the roof up.
Jim
Is it this kind Jim?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREATHABLE-CAR...Sw5cNYVrol
It was rather more tailored, more expensive and very heavy duty. It was for use outdoors on the Isle of Skye.
However it fitted well. A bit too wide but otherwise not at all bad.
Jim
Thank you.
(22-11-2017, 02:19 PM)Barry Wrote: I have been trying to find a thread on here about car covers - must be one somewhere - but no luck yet. Anybody have a recommendation for dust covers designed to fit either 1930/31 Chummy/Tourer or Ulster-type specials. Or is it carry on with the old sheets and blankets?

Barry, I'm not sure exactly what kind of dust cover you're interested in but I recently purchased a super soft stretch indoor car cover while I was at the Beaulieu Autojumble (with discount at the event) and it has turned out to be a super quality cover to fit my Ruby so I'm very pleased with it as it protects my Ruby very well! It might be worth checking them out to see if they have something to fit your car. Their website is www.classicadditions.com.  If you need further information on what I have, let me know.
Thanks for the suggestions. The Classic Additions site is the first I have seen that quotes Austin Seven Chummy!
(24-11-2017, 12:27 PM)Barry Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. The Classic Additions site is the first I have seen that quotes Austin Seven Chummy!
Barry, don't be put off by the quote price on the website for the Chummy! I didn't pay anything near that price so gather it might be a special made to measure / tailored price. Huh  My Ruby's cover from them was size XXS and fits perfectly! Good luck!