Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15” wheels
All,

I have acquired the attached 15” wheels. I believe they are Austin 7 with London centres. Can anyone confirm this. Does anyone know how much these would be worth

Thanks

David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes they are WEST London wheel centres,not particularly rare but quite desirable in competition circles. Looks as though yours would need new spokes and rims ,the latter being ,I am told,not easily obtainable maybe motorbike rims could be used. Value of yours would reflect this.
(20-11-2017, 08:07 AM)leaf200 Wrote: All,

I have acquired the attached 15” wheels. I believe they are Austin 7 with London centres. Can anyone confirm this. Does anyone know how much these would be worth

Thanks

David
Yes WL pattern. However when these were originally made tyres were not as sticky as they are today. Also the rims are probably quite narrow 3.5" or so. The main issue would be the 12/18 spoke pattern is not as strong as the Austin centres which are 12/24 and have a deeper front to back spoke root the latter being much stronger when used with modern 15" tyres for racing. There is a small weight saving though.
IMO any value is in the centres as the wheels would need rebuilt with new rims and spokes to give the the offset and rim width desired by the buyer along with the reassurance that goes with it. This is provided the spoke holes are in good condition when stripped and inspected. So there is a risk to the buyer when pre purchase inspection is difficult/impossible.
Supplying blasted and primed centres to a reputable wheel builder such as Nick Mouat, West Grimstead, whom I can reccomend, will cost approx £200 per wheel depending on spec, so the centres are the least of it.

Paul N-M
Hello!
I`m looking for the same wheels (1 pair) !!!
Hi,

The wheels pictured above are available for sale but I don’t think they would be cost effective to get to Austria

Thanks

David
Hello again!
Are those wheels still available?
Thanks,
Fulvio
Hi,

Yes they are still available.

Thanks
Great!
I would be happy to purchase them.
How much are you asking?
Could you find out how much postage to Austria would be?
Here are my details:

Fulvio Maggiorotto / City Optik
Alpenstrasse 115
A 5020 Salzburg
Austria
E-mail: info@city-optik-salzburg.com

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Fulvio
I am sorry but due to there size and weight I will be unable to ship outside the uk

Thanks

David
Ok!

No problem, I can provide a UK shipping adress!

Rob Carter
Fairfield
Llangrove
Ross-on-Wye
Herefordshire
HR9 6EWUK

Thanks,
Fulvio