The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 owners not being friends
Thumbs Down 
I'm pretty broad minded, thick skinned and don't mind a bit of banter. However in the past I've seen some quite sharp responses to what one member posts on the Forum, almost a recoil reaction. The one today, post #15 about engine balancing is plainly unpleasant, unnecessary and degrading; I wouldn't like to have read that about something I wrote. I do sometimes find his posts a little difficult to interpret but I respect his point of view - but I don't have to believe him, or anybody else for that matter, or take any notice if I so choose.

Austin Seven FRIENDS is the Forum banner, we should stick to that motto and be constructive.

Disappointed Dave
I must admit that I was a little taken aback by the response, but we can all have a bad day
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(17-11-2017, 06:00 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I must admit that I was a little taken aback by the response, but we can all have a bad day

I have to say I took it as an (ironic?) jokey comment - as one who understood about a third of it, but was happy to bow to superior knowledge.
If anyone else REALLY knows more about balancing I would understand even less!
Best treated as a joke surely. (Don't call me Shirley!!!)
David
Soyez cool, mes amis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjgWWjkNbhU
Please do not make Alan the villain here he is not, far from it!
Black Art Enthusiast
(17-11-2017, 05:47 PM)Speedex750 Wrote: I'm pretty broad minded, thick skinned and don't mind a bit of banter. However in the past I've seen some quite sharp responses to what one member posts on the Forum, almost a recoil reaction. The one today, post #15 about engine balancing is plainly unpleasant, unnecessary and degrading; I wouldn't like to have read that about something I wrote. I do sometimes find his posts a little difficult to interpret but I respect his point of view - but I don't have to believe him, or anybody else for that matter, or take any notice if I so choose.

Austin Seven FRIENDS is the Forum banner, we should stick to that motto and be constructive.

Disappointed Dave

DAVE is Absolutely right if you feel the need to reply to a post do it constructively  and leave what can be derogatory out of your post.
Colin
If I only contributed something when I really knew what I was talking about there'd be a bloody long silence!
What about those who regularly post un-constructive and misleading information Colin, how would you suggest we deal with that? Alan is extremely knowledgeable and very well qualified to provide accurate first hand advice and regularly does, it is wrong to make him the villain here when he simply snapped following repeated provocation.

Martin, when you don't know do you make an emphatic statement that something you are suggesting is a fact or true, no I think not, like most of us if it is simply an opinion or something we have read somewhere and not based on first hand experience we say so don't we?
Black Art Enthusiast
HI Ian, I was talking in general not about any one in particular so please don't blow it out of proportion I was not making any one a villain
(17-11-2017, 08:47 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Please do not make Alan the villain here he is not, far from it!

Don't doubt that for a minute Ian. Disappointed Dave does make a fair point though particularly about previous posts... And lets be honest, if recless is going to post Elton videos without warning, we'd better all show a little more tolerance.