The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grease /grime cleaner
What ho chaps

All of the chassis parts are off and ready to be cleaned. Masses of grease and grime etc, though I steam cleaned it all before.

Now, I've used Gunk and Jizer before, but now need some advice. I've got a Sealey parts cleaning cabinet (type with pump and can also use compressed air), not used it before, but what cleaning agents do any of you recommend?

I don't want to use petrol or paraffin really, but will welcome your comments.

Normally I'm used to very clean parts with my own cars, but going old and vintage now, means dirt/filth/grease/grime!

regards

Arthur
My experience with this sort of cleaner is the best fluid to use seem rather expensive at first sight. I bought some for a pal of mine in thanks for using his cleaner rather a lot one year. I seem to remember I paid something like 80 quid for 25 litres, but it was well worth while. Sorry, can't remember a specific name...
I use Jizer in mine - seems OK - not cheap.
Morris Lydian. Water soluble. Given that it is water soluble, its amazing.
I have had really good luck with "Simple Green" in my pressure washing cabinet. The cabinet heats the cleaning solution as well. 

Over the years I got two machines one for degreasing and the second for final cleaning engine parts pre-assembly 

It is also possible to find used Hobart restaurant dishwasher machines these do a very good job too.