The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front çrank bearing lip replacement
I have a Makita 240v right angle drill, which I inherited from a friend. I suspect he bought it at Mackays of Cambridge. It is single speed, and I feel that variable speed would be a great improvement.
      Back where we were two weeks ago with an adaption of what is suggested in the Woodrow , only partly my take on it.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
That's the way to do it - nice work Derek!
I    

A stripped down block becomes an excellent parallel. It was the only way to get enough head room to drill out for the set screws. Hole was started will a drill and completed with a mill
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(19-08-2017, 05:47 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I

A stripped down block becomes an excellent parallel. It was the only way to get enough head room to drill out for the set screws. Hole was started will a drill and completed with a mill

Nice one Derek
(19-08-2017, 05:47 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I

Hello Derek, now confused, 1st picture shows holes being drilled from inside, this picture shows being drilled from outside.
In the past I have drilled through the 4 1/4 whit holes with the tapping size drill, then tapped right the way through, easier than tapping from inside.
Your finished job looks excellent, I like the use of the A7 block as a parallel.
Now there is a story to be told. Having gone through the procedure previously and posting pictures I was told by a well respected contributor to this forum that it was likely to fail , he has had several to which he was aware of. I was advised todrill right through and use either 1/4" or 6mm high tensile counter sunk set screws. That is exactly what I done but turned up a new retaining disc as shown.
Zetomagneto, this is the previous finished job. Looks good but as I said it is reported to fail. Eight times 3/16"X 3/4" whit set screws and loctite

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(20-08-2017, 08:46 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Zetomagneto, this is the previous finished job. Looks good but as I said it is reported to fail. Eight times 3/16"X 3/4" whit set screws and loctite
Hi Derek
I would be interested to know why this would be likely to fail.Usually numerous small fasteners are stronger than a lesser amount of big fasteners.
Will take another pic tomorrow showing complete set up