The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Front çrank bearing lip replacement
    As reported in the former forum pages ,my engine shed the front lip. Today we fitted a new one . The first picture shows the drilling of the fixing holes. 
I havn't as yet worked out how to load multiple pictures so one at a time.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Did you machine the old flange face down first Derek or make a stepped flange of some sort.
Black Art Enthusiast
Yes I was able to borrow the equipment described in Woodrows. Am trying to add further multiple pictures but not having much luck yet.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(08-08-2017, 09:56 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: As reported in the former forum pages ,my engine shed the front lip. Today we fitted a new one . The first picture shows the drilling of the fixing holes. 

That's a nifty right angle drill, where can I get one please?
Sorry no idea, a friend of a friend had what was a cabinet of Snap on tools but turned out not to be. The guy who had previously owned it worked at Gatwick for British airways , I bought the lot , the air tool was amongst it. Got rather a good deal actually.
(09-08-2017, 06:06 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 09:56 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: As reported in the former forum pages ,my engine shed the front lip. Today we fitted a new one . The first picture shows the drilling of the fixing holes. 

That's a nifty right angle drill, where can I get one please?
www.northerntool.com [item 30118]
www.grainger.com [item 2ERT6]

definitely nifty, pricing can be a bit scary though.... Smile
The giant air horn from NT is definitely scary! Have you got the part Nr right?
(12-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Tony R Wrote: The giant air horn from NT is definitely scary! Have you got the part Nr right?

I suspect it should be part no. 301118 - Air Capital Right-Angle Air Drill Kit - model 65006. However both these above links are for US based companies. northerntool.com of the USA did have a UK depot in Portsmouth in recent times but the UK arm of the company apparently went bust three or four years ago - I used to receive a copy of their tool catalogue through the post every six months.

The similarly named northerntools.co.uk of Newcastle upon Tyne has no connection whatsoever to the American company.

Jeff.
The American company list it at just shy of $400 . I got. Better deal than I thought
(12-08-2017, 11:08 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Tony R Wrote: The giant air horn from NT is definitely scary! Have you got the part Nr right?

I suspect it should be part no. 301118 - Air Capital Right-Angle Air Drill Kit - model 65006. However both these above links are for US based companies. northerntool.com of the USA did have a UK depot in Portsmouth in recent times but the UK arm of the company apparently went bust three or four years ago - I used to receive a copy of their tool catalogue through the post every six months.

The similarly named northerntools.co.uk of Newcastle upon Tyne has no connection whatsoever to the American company.

Jeff.

Correct! My bad. I just did a quick Google out of curiosity because the only time I've ever seen one in the flesh was in a Metalock technician's toolkit and I'd always assumed it was an in-house bit of kit.
Along with his similar right angle airpowered tapping tool [another nifty bit of kit too]
AGW