The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calendar
(13-08-2017, 04:18 PM)Management Wrote: Hi Timothy,

unfortanetly, the plugin was programmed for board version 1.6.x and never updated, presently we use 1.8.11 with a planned update to 1.8.12.
So it's incompatible, but I'll search the support forum for anything equal and will be back here, as soon as I found something.
In the meantime the calendar should be filled with event dates anyhow, just to give everybody else the chance to inform himself about related events.

Kind regards

Sorry about that, what a shame. I can't understand why they wouldn't continue to support it, as it seems a very useful function.
I will have a look into it further and let you know if I find anything that might be worth considering.

OK so seems that the plug-in that I linked to could be Implemented with 1.8, but requires some of the code changing so that the references are correct for the latest forum update.

Found a post on a (German) MyBB forum:
Quote:The plug-in " EventThread " also works under 1.8. 

When using the original plug-in file, however, we at Event Creation produces an error, an appropriate fix can be found here:  http://community.mybb.com/thread-90723-p...#pid743140

That thread link has detail of the relevant 'Fixes', might be worth a try.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
I have made the advised changes to the plugin (A new skill I never knew I needed).
Should be attached below, Instructions as per original Install instructions in the folder.

In the thread HERE, users noted problems with the edit button not allowing editing of the event, only the thread. I assume, that this is necessary so that if the wrong date has been used or needs to be edited to recurring. They mention a number of things/changes which may or may not be and then link to THIS THREAD as a tool that solved the problem. Hope this makes some sense, and hope that it all works.

All the best

EDIT: Appears I didn't do all that was required as compatibility needed changing as well for the change from 1.6 to 1.8.
I have updated the attachment, and hopefully this will work. Let me know how you get on.

Attached Files
.zip   2658-1300626298-eventthread Updated.zip (Size: 7.35 KB / Downloads: 3)
(13-08-2017, 09:13 PM)Timothy P Wrote: I have made the advised changes to the plugin (A new skill I never knew I needed).
Should be attached below, Instructions as per original Install instructions in the folder.

In the thread HERE, users noted problems with the edit button not allowing editing of the event, only the thread. I assume, that this is necessary so that if the wrong date has been used or needs to be edited to recurring. They mention a number of things/changes which may or may not be and then link to THIS THREAD as a tool that solved the problem. Hope this makes some sense, and hope that it all works.

All the best

EDIT: Appears I didn't do all that was required as compatibility needed changing as well for the change from 1.6 to 1.8.
I have updated the attachment, and hopefully this will work. Let me know how you get on.

Well done you I will consult with the European side of the management team - in case impossibly you found something the managements didn't ! Idea Idea Idea
Hi Timothy,

I was able to install the plugin and activate it, so your changes work out so far.
I set you up as a moderator on the upcoming events forum, so you should be able to login to the Mod CP now.
So, have fun testing its functions...  Big Grin

Kind regards
The Management

[Image: manage_logo.png]
(15-08-2017, 10:19 AM)Management Wrote: Hi Timothy,

I was able to install the plugin and activate it, so your changes work out so far.
I set you up as a moderator on the upcoming events forum, so you should be able to login to the Mod CP now.
So, have fun testing its functions...  Big Grin

Kind regards

I am so pleased that it worked. I didn't want to give up on it as being able to reply on events linked from the calendar seemed ideal for us.
I am honoured to be even a small part of the team, and I will report back when I have made some tests.
All the best.
Could any admin reading this check permissions on the calendar, as it seems to be locked. I cannot post, nor edit my existing posts.
My Moderator privileges (Thank you), do not allow me access to this (nor the plugin etc), to work out what has happened. In the mean time have pm'd management.
Thanks
(15-08-2017, 04:18 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Could any admin reading this check permissions on the calendar, as it seems to be locked. I cannot post, nor edit my existing posts.
My Moderator privileges (Thank you), do not allow me access to this (nor the plugin etc), to work out what has happened. In the mean time have pm'd management.
Thanks

Hi Timothy - We are all learning !!!
Try it now ???? Idea Huh
EU Management please see calender permissions - a moderator has less power than a registered user ?
Super moderator has all the tick boxes but I don't know what they do, so I just ticked the box for a registered user permission.
I think that will do it but if Timothy needs super moderator what ever that is, without functionality such as delete forum or launch missile then so be it? Idea
I set up another account to check if it was just me, but seems that access to add/edit events in the calendar has been blocked for all. (Except maybe admin?)
I don't know whether there is an option in the plugin, that is set to admin only access or whether it is a setting that has been changed elsewhere?
(15-08-2017, 06:35 PM)Timothy P Wrote: I set up another account to check if it was just me, but seems that access to add/edit events in the calendar has been blocked for all. (Except maybe admin?)
I don't know whether there is an option in the plugin, that is set to admin only access or whether it is a setting that has been changed elsewhere?

ok this goes deeper than my capability- hang on
Success Big Grin , Huge thank you to Jason, and to Management, who has done most of the work really.
Events can now be added to either the calendar, or the events subforum with the same result of a calendar event linked to an event thread where everyone can reply. You can browse the calendar, clicking an event takes you to the forum thread with extra detail and replies.
I have also made a 'sticky' thread in the events forum, with a how to guide for posting and editing events. Including info on ranged and repeating events. All of the existing events have been refreshed, so they now all have linked threads.