The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calendar
I don't know if anyone else has seen this in the top corner, but it could be a good feature for raising awareness of upcoming events and finding events to attend locally or further afield.
I have added an event post for Brooklands reunion this Sunday to see how it works.
I decided to put the county first, then the event title, then the time it is on from/until in the title and a description and link to the Brooklands museum page for the event. I did it this way so that it is quick to see if an event is in your area.
If you like the idea, please add any events that you are going to or know of locally. You can also let people know if your club has an event that others are welcome at or if you are travelling to another area and looking to meet some 'locals' while there.
(08-08-2017, 07:49 PM)Timothy P Wrote: I don't know if anyone else has seen this in the top corner, but it could be a good feature for raising awareness of upcoming events and finding events to attend locally or further afield.
I have added an event post for Brooklands reunion this Sunday to see how it works.
I decided to put the county first, then the event title, then the time it is on from/until in the title and a description and link to the Brooklands museum page for the event. I did it this way so that it is quick to see if an event is in your area.
If you like the idea, please add any events that you are going to or know of locally. You can also let people know if your club has an event that others are welcome at or if you are travelling to another area and looking to meet some 'locals' while there.

Spot on now we have all the events in one place !!!!
Brilliant spot and how good is this ?
Forgive us we are still learning all the stuff as well Smile
The Management

[Image: manage_logo.png]
Thank you, I think it's great and am really grateful for the hard work making it possible.
I have added another, but decided the title was a bit long with event from/until times as well.
(08-08-2017, 08:24 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thank you, I think it's great and am really grateful for the hard work making it possible.
I have added another, but decided the title was a bit long with event from/until times as well.

We have all a real learning curve to go - experiment as much as you like
I think we have the power to reset any minor mistakes as the data is constantly being backed up on our own platform.
So go for it if you break it we can probably role it back.
The Management

Thank you. Do you know if it is possible to allow replies on the event's, so people can reply if they are planning on attending, or to organise a run there?

(08-08-2017, 09:48 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thank you. Do you know if it is possible to allow replies on the event's, so people can reply if they are planning on attending, or to organise a run there?

I've tried google and come up with a possible option. which is a plugin that creates a thread for each event added to the calendar. It then links to that thread when clicked in the calendar, and people can add replies. It would need a separate sub forum to keep from clogging up the general chat section. I understand this may not be the first thing on the agenda, so don't worry if there are other things that need doing.
Link to plugin HERE. I have no experience of how this is done, but i think it is a kind of 'back room' add on.
(08-08-2017, 09:48 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thank you. Do you know if it is possible to allow replies on the event's, so people can reply if they are planning on attending, or to organise a run there?

I've tried google and come up with a possible option. which is a plugin that creates a thread for each event added to the calendar. It then links to that thread when clicked in the calendar, and people can add replies. It would need a separate sub forum to keep from clogging up the general chat section. I understand this may not be the first thing on the agenda, so don't worry if there are other things that need doing.
Link to plugin HERE. I have no experience of how this is done, but i think it is a kind of 'back room' add on.

Timothy - You may have talked yourself into a task here - It would be great to centralise all interesting events
Let us know if we can do anything to assist you if you'd like to be forum events manager Idea
Jason, I would be happy to give it a good go, if you would like me to.
I think all I would need is the relevant admin permissions, if you are happy to do that? I will let you know if there is anything I'm unsure of when I get into it.

Are you happy with this as the plan.
Calendar to be used as the centre for events allowing users to browse events by date. When an event is added to the calendar, it would create a linked thread in an events sub forum, so that people can add info, ask questions, RSVP or add photos after the event. The calendar automatically links to this thread when you select an event, so that all of the events info can be found through the calendar. The events sub forum could be browsed for post event pictures and write ups.
(12-08-2017, 08:22 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Jason, I would be happy to give it a good go, if you would like me to.
I think all I would need is the relevant admin permissions, if you are happy to do that? I will let you know if there is anything I'm unsure of when I get into it.

Are you happy with this as the plan.
Calendar to be used as the centre for events allowing users to browse events by date. When an event is added to the calendar, it would create a linked thread in an events sub forum, so that people can add info, ask questions, RSVP or add photos after the event. The calendar automatically links to this thread when you select an event, so that all of the events info can be found through the calendar. The events sub forum could be browsed for post event pictures and write ups.

Timothy I think this would be perfect and many thanks for such willing help.
I'll see if I can get that sorted today.
Hi Timothy,

unfortanetly, the plugin was programmed for board version 1.6.x and never updated, presently we use 1.8.11 with a planned update to 1.8.12.
So it's incompatible, but I'll search the support forum for anything equal and will be back here, as soon as I found something.
In the meantime the calendar should be filled with event dates anyhow, just to give everybody else the chance to inform himself about related events.

Kind regards
The Management

We installed and activated a plugin that shows upcoming events at the bottom of the startpage.
When clicked to the event, the full discription shows up, when you let the cursor hover over the event link, the date is shown.

Kind regards
The Management