The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
green supercharged seven
Brilliant stuff Tony, thanks for sharing. Looks and sounds like a great trip.
Looking forward to any further updates.
And for completeness the link to the thread that Tony Press Mentioned with a number of photos of 'Flying Canary', page 1 and 2 HERE.

And just because, a couple more from the net, with Gwenda Stewart behind the wheel. I assume probably taken at Monthery, September 1931 when she was record breaking, taking class H (750CC) records for 5km, 5mi, 10km, 10mi, 50km and 50mi before the crank let go. Fastest was the 5km at an average of 109.128mph. The car was registered OV3635 prior to shipping to France to reduce the paperwork on arrival. (Info from Beatrice Canning Brown's incredible book)

.jpg   1931-09 'Flying Canary' Gwenda Stewart Montlhery Record Breaking 1.jpg (Size: 131.03 KB / Downloads: 218)

.jpg   1931-09 'Flying Canary' Gwenda Stewart Montlhery Record Breaking 2.jpg (Size: 76.92 KB / Downloads: 218)
Thanks for the pics Timothy,

I love the ripples, and rivets in the bodywork.

It perhaps shows when we make replicas nowadays, they are made to well.

Just to bring this thread up to date, we got up to Hershey on the Monday afternoon. After a 6 hour drive from Roanoke.

Hershey was great, but for an autojumble this year it was far to hot. The hurricane that was leaving for England had kept the heat high up the country. And we ha mid 80s for the two weeks. Fine for maggy valley. But to high for Hershey. So we spent most afternoons in the bar. Or verious tatt shops.

As I sed earlier iPad seams to have lost many of my pics. But here are some from last years Hershey.

Check the bullet holes in the first couple. The second amendment is alive and kicking.

Tony

[attachment=1288]

[attachment=1289]

[attachment=1290]

[attachment=1291]

[attachment=1292]

[attachment=1293]

[attachment=1294]

Sorry the pictures of the stalls don't show the full size of the place.

I've been told if you walk up and down each I'll to view the stall. You will cover somewere between 30 and 36 miles?

Already looking forward to next years trip, and planning what we are looking to do.

Thanks Tony.

[attachment=1295]
Tony, every old car body back in the woods here in the PNW, has bullet holes. I grew up thinking all those old Fords and Chevys came with them from Detroit. As well, nearly every road sign in Eastern Washington has bullet holes, many with bird shot. How else to you check your sights for accuracy?

Erich