The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster Tail Light Wiring
OK here's a question folks - anyone know what was the original route the 'Ulster' tail lamp wiring took through the car body/ frame? I did a walk around at Beaulieu and saw quite a few variations. Pics of VE4492 in Chris Gould's book show it (them) running along the interior of the floor precariously near to the occupants' feet? Just curious.

Thanks
Chris
(08-08-2017, 07:27 PM)Chris KC Wrote: OK here's a question folks - anyone know what was the original route the 'Ulster' tail lamp wiring took through the car body/ frame? I did a walk around at Beaulieu and saw quite a few variations. Pics of VE4492 in Chris Gould's book show it (them) running along the interior of the floor precariously near to the occupants' feet? Just curious.

Thanks
Chris

Congratulations to our first forum post !
Someone had to break the ice!
(08-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Someone had to break the ice!

Your in history !
The Management

[Image: manage_logo.png]
Let's hope it wasn't a really dumb question then!!
(08-08-2017, 08:06 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Let's hope it wasn't a really dumb question then!!

22 years of restoration of my car and I asked every idiot question going !
That's a good question
The sad experience was the lack of owners willing to show you the final detail you wanted - all too busy munching on a cucumber sandwich to get off their chair.
The Management

[Image: manage_logo.png]
I don't know how Lord Austin intended the wiring to run but, in the nearest example to hand, the wiring leaves the lower offside corner of the dashboard and disappears behind the thin ply upholstery panel on the body side. It emerges into the tail from the lower offside corner of the seatback upholstery. This probably chimes with what you have already observed at Beaulieu to some extent.

Regards,
Stuart
Thank you Stuart. That seems perhaps the wisest of various options, as the wire is tucked out of harm's way and at the same time probably not bulky enough to disturb the trim panel much. I was half expecting someone to say it dangled under the car, as this seemed rather common back in the day; but of course at some point it would have had to re-enter the tail. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Chris