The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Lights on Historic Vehicles
FBHVC have issued a statement re the use of LED’s on Historic Vehicles the link to the report is below, it is worth a read if you have LED’s. Page 7.

http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/members-pages/new...-2017-pdf/
I'm sorry I can't read that I'm French...neither can my tester who won't ever see the car again anyway.
Good try Reckers but we know different. Bloody stupid law that needs updating in line with LED development
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Interesting, new cars fitted with LED headlights must comply with the minimum wattage requirements, so how do they do it? Loads of new vehicles now have LED headlights, it is almost becoming unusual to see the "yellow" of a halogen bulb. Reading the article, as far as I can see, apart from flashing indicators (unless these are OE), any LED will be fine in our cars, the Laws were not retrospective. Any car first used before 1st January 1936 has even less rules/regulation to contend with, from memory "showing clear intent" rather than having positions of light fittings, etc., prescribed. I guess specials that deviate from the factory product will fall outside what is allowed and may have to comply with other legislation, probably end up being in line with DVLA rules. Both my Ruby and my Rover are all LED lit, the indicators on the Rover are filament bulbs still, so that meets the requirement, never had any query at the MoT and they test the headlights for alignment & light spread with their equipment and these were all without any comment whatsoever. From next year, the Rover will be exempt...
(27-10-2017, 03:25 PM)GK5268 Wrote: Interesting, new cars fitted with LED headlights must comply with the minimum wattage requirements, so how do they do it? Loads of new vehicles now have LED headlights, it is almost becoming unusual to see the "yellow" of a halogen bulb. Reading the article, as far as I can see, apart from flashing indicators (unless these are OE), any LED will be fine in our cars, the Laws were not retrospective. Any car first used before 1st January 1936 has even less rules/regulation to contend with, from memory "showing clear intent" rather than having positions of light fittings, etc., prescribed. I guess specials that deviate from the factory product will fall outside what is allowed and may have to comply with other legislation, probably end up being in line with DVLA rules. Both my Ruby and my Rover are all LED lit, the indicators on the Rover are filament bulbs still, so that meets the requirement, never had any query at the MoT and they test the headlights for alignment & light spread with their equipment and these were all without any comment whatsoever. From next year, the Rover will be exempt...

Hello Gary
I'm not sure moderns are fitted with LED headlights.
Most are high intensity discharge (HID) lights running at thousands of volts.
I may be wrong though!
Adrian.
(30-10-2017, 02:00 PM)Adrian Payne Wrote:
(27-10-2017, 03:25 PM)GK5268 Wrote: Interesting, new cars fitted with LED headlights must comply with the minimum wattage requirements, so how do they do it? Loads of new vehicles now have LED headlights, it is almost becoming unusual to see the "yellow" of a halogen bulb. Reading the article, as far as I can see, apart from flashing indicators (unless these are OE), any LED will be fine in our cars, the Laws were not retrospective. Any car first used before 1st January 1936 has even less rules/regulation to contend with, from memory "showing clear intent" rather than having positions of light fittings, etc., prescribed. I guess specials that deviate from the factory product will fall outside what is allowed and may have to comply with other legislation, probably end up being in line with DVLA rules. Both my Ruby and my Rover are all LED lit, the indicators on the Rover are filament bulbs still, so that meets the requirement, never had any query at the MoT and they test the headlights for alignment & light spread with their equipment and these were all without any comment whatsoever. From next year, the Rover will be exempt...

Hello Gary
I'm not sure moderns are fitted with LED headlights.
Most are high intensity discharge (HID) lights running at thousands of volts.
I may be wrong though!
Adrian.

I think VW headlights were Bi Xenon or something similar but now seem to be LED ?

Cheers Tony.