The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identy of austin "five" car
The Austin script embellishment on the rad looks more 1950s than 1928 to me ...
I missed it the first time but there's another pic of APX190 here (and a few other interesting Austins!)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-ca...ia-17.html

Raju, if you are still reading, there is an Austin Seven club in India, you can contact to Manoj or Ankush Sharma in Jodhpur, I had the pleasure to visit some years ago and they are very good people. I have contact details if you want. I guess they are well placed to tell you about parts & services situation locally in India.

Of course if you have any questions about your car or need of parts I'm sure many members here will be equally glad to help, just ask to this forum.

Kind regards,
Chris
Great advice Chris - do you have photos of your visit which show some of the Sevens out there?
(28-10-2017, 10:11 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Great advice Chris - do you have photos of your visit which show some of the Sevens out there?

Only on negatives in the attic, I think - but I'll have a rummage. There were a couple of pics printed in the grey mag though - '96A if you're interested (the 'Overseas Issue'). Having looked it up I'm astonished at how long ago that was!!
Very fond memories of meeting the Sharma family, who could not have been more kind - hope they are keeping well.
Thank you Chris.
Chris KC,  Raju

Interestingly if you look at that team-BHP link and find the larger front view of the car, two photos below it is another 7 APX746. It looks very similar to your brighter red one BUT has a crest or coat of arms on the door. I wonder if both were from the same household, and possibly this helps confirm some kingly connection to one or both cars?

.jpg   IMG_8206.JPG (Size: 371.37 KB / Downloads: 357)
Nick - your picture is definitely a different (later?) car. Rad shell, wings, doors and vents etc. suggest a date nearer 1930.
While scrolling through the BHP.com photos did you spot this A7 also with coat of arms.

Attached Files
.jpeg   CEDE34B0-629D-41E0-9139-35F1025A7487.jpeg (Size: 184.88 KB / Downloads: 281)
(28-10-2017, 11:20 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Thank you Chris.

Ooops these have got out of order somehow - anyway a few snaps from my trip in '97. Apologies for quality, taking digital snaps of my prints was the only expedient way to transfer them.

That 2nd one is Ankush Sharma and his cousin Praveen, snapped outside the temple complex at Osian in the Thar Desert.

Hopefully something of interest there!

(28-10-2017, 08:16 PM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: While scrolling through the BHP.com photos did you spot this A7 also with coat of arms.

Yes I did notice that - not sure what to make of it though. Snazzy paint job!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What a collection - thanks for sharing Chris!