The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake front top pivot
Fit them after you have assembled the king pins.

My car had these threaded brake pivots which prevent removing the screw-in cap over the king-pin.
When greasing the king-pins the grease caps do not seal fully so grease doesn't reach the bottom bush.
I therefore use an extension screwed into the king pin to grease the bottom bush so need to remove the cap.
The pivots were changed to the peened over variety which work fine.
I think I may change the king-pin lubrication to oil which should should reach the bottom bush.
Jim
Thanks Ruairidh and Jim

I too use a “kingpin greaser” and hence the question.  However a change to oil or possibly “groil” in the kingpins is long overdue.  I think the screw-in pins will have the advantage of being easily installed in situ whilst peening is probably best done with the swivel off the axle.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Cheers

Howard
I would suggest chain saw chain oil as ideal for kingpins. It really sticks to things.
Daimlers had a chassis lubrication system with oil piped all round the car including king pins. The oil used was ST90.
Jim