The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Wales
Hi David

Things are beginning to move and I've received some interest so I'll keep plugging away at it and see what happens. I might have the very nice problem of arranging somewhere central for us all to meet.
regards
Barry Townsend
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Barry, I have already PM'd you with my contact detailsl I'm quite prepared to help set a group up if you want me to.
Hi all, being a South Wales Member for many years now. And as a club, a number of us used too travail up to North Wales .As our anual club long week end away, and a grand time we had. It  would be  fantastic to have a North Wale A7 Club.Go on set a club up. S&P
(02-12-2019, 06:30 PM)Barry Townsend Wrote: Hi David

Things are beginning to move and I've received some interest so I'll keep plugging away at it and see what happens. I might have the very nice problem of arranging somewhere central for us all to meet.
regards
Barry Townsend

That may depend on the geographical spread of potential members. Anywhere in North wales can be a bit of a trek from anywhere else. Perhaps the answer would be to have two venues and alternate between the two to give everyone a chance.

Let's see what sort of response we get!

Alan, being at Rhos-on-Sea, are you interested in getting a group going?
I recall going to a meal at the Brookhouse Mill in Denbigh some 15 years ago which was supposed to be the start of something PWA7club. Trouble is I had already moved to Shropshire by then.
Hi Barry
Hope you can start a new owners club, reading your first post brought many memories back in 1956 I was stationed  at kinmel park camp ( royal artillery) St Asaph I have often wondered if it still exist's, it was all wooden huts built on a hillside, I have good & not so good memories  Big Grin 

All the best
Graham
Hi Graham
It's still there as far as I know, the signs to it are still up 

Regards
Barry Townsend
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Kinmal Park Army Camp closed circa 1965. As an Army Cadet in Colwyn Bay mid 1950s, we had various training sessions there. It is currently an industrial estate. Hotpoint moved their main production factory there from Llandudno Junction circa 1970s. Hotpoint now closed.
It looks like there is still an Amy presence at Kinmel:

https://coflein.gov.uk/en/site/401319/de...odelwyddan

.jpg   kinmel.jpg (Size: 100.79 KB / Downloads: 114)
"Hotpoint moved their main production factory there from Llandudno Junction circa 1970s. Hotpoint now closed."

Now there is a name from my past- we used to have Hotpoint electrical goods- jugs toasters etcetera - way back when goods like this were brought in from UK - or even made locally and they lasted and could be repaired !

Tell that to the young ones now and they won't believe you