The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Great Aunt's Seven
(21-11-2019, 09:16 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Is that Trico wiper? I thought they were round Lucas ones fitted when new

Do we know when the pictures were taken? The American Trico Company opened in their first plant in England, at Brentford, in 1928 and so, presumably, that is when the Trico "semi-circular" units first became available. Not, as far as we know fitted by Austin, but probably available on the "accessories market" to replace the less-effective Lucas cylindrical type.
The Trico wiper is listed in the handbooks for late 1927-early 1928 as an alternative unit; presumably there was a problem with Lucas supply at that time. If you have a windscreen frame with only one hole in it, then that had the Trico unit from new.

.jpg   Capture.JPG (Size: 22.76 KB / Downloads: 165)
Here's one seen from the front showing the frame with just the one mounting hole:

.jpg   IMG_4083 (2).JPG (Size: 38.48 KB / Downloads: 149)
The pictures were taken around 1933 as my mother who was about Seven is seen peering around the rear side screen in the top pic of the last two posted. She was on summer holidays with her aunt in Paignton  at the time. The car's name was "pixie" after the mascot on the radiator cap.
Stephen