The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never mind Brexit, what happened with "Brentry"
As you say Tony never mind Brexit,but Brentry was and still is a small suburb of northwest Bristol.
Perhaps best not to look back at the moment. Rear view mirror?
The boat is sailing backwards, there isn't nearly enough oil on that very clean bit of concrete for an Austin 7 so either you weren't there long or perhaps it doesn't have an engine, and perhaps the headlights are wrong?
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(11-11-2019, 03:28 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: The boat is sailing backwards, there isn't nearly enough oil on that very clean bit of concrete for an Austin 7 so either you weren't there long or perhaps it doesn't have an engine, and perhaps the headlights are wrong?
Andy B
Yes, but on the other side it's sailing forwards - BR was too skinflint to have two pictures made up - both ways across the Channel, I suppose, or even preparing for Brexit. Took the Hovercraft once in the A7; we were late, but father-in-law pulled more of those strings and it waited for us - I was even allowed on the car deck to see what happened on even a moderately calm sea. How to describe what was happening? Well, all the cars had their wheels clamped down and so, if you can imagine a particularly wild and enthusiastic belly dancer, with proportions approaching those of mild obesity - and with her feet nailed to the floor but really going at it from side to side and up and down - you'll have some idea.
Headlights are correct and the oil - well, I'm not too sure. In 1973 there were still lots of old bangers still on the road that, in quantity, leaked far more than an A7

(11-11-2019, 12:28 PM)Ian Dunford Wrote: As you say Tony never mind Brexit,but Brentry was and still is a small suburb of northwest Bristol.
Thanks,, I didn't know that. Shame there's no Brexit town, it might make a tourist trap - hang on, here's the next Eurovision entry.
Very pretty women went for some weird looking fellows back then didn't they- I have some pictures of me looking like a Yeti from around  the same time   Big Grin
(12-11-2019, 12:02 AM)Tony Press Wrote: Very pretty women went for some weird looking fellows back then didn't they- I have some pictures of me looking like a Yeti from around  the same time   Big Grin

So have I, Tony! The trouble is  - I haven't changed!
Sadly probably not the same attraction to the fair sex (is that sexist ?)