The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A rather fine Nippy
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174087941826?ul_noapp=true

[Image: nippy.jpg]

Or, if that's too much, how about this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184023666188?ul_noapp=true

[Image: nippy2.jpg]
Standard splash-fed engine, needs radiator shell chroming, and lost its original registration, but the doors fit well and it looks presentable.
(06-11-2019, 05:13 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Standard splash-fed engine, needs radiator shell chroming, and lost its original registration, but the doors fit well and it looks presentable.

I find the black nose rather attractive (possibly hiding a multitude of sins) - but yes, the number is a shame.
The doors fit nicely too! Tight clearance at the rear arch?
If you look through the pics its clearly had a very intensive restoration, but I understand it got a DVLA-volunteered chassis number too, which is sad. Better than not on the road at all, but I wonder whether it was a preventable situation at the time.
If anyone goes and sees it, would they look for the stamped body number please....
I have got the Model kit,

I have had it longer than the Type 65

The ebay Nippy does not look right to me.

The wings look all wrong and the back of the body seems to have a sharp corner under the boot not rounded.
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the crankcase not a Nippy one?
i would worry more about the clearance on the rear wheels.

they look close without a driver, nevermind the bumps in the road.

i agree though, i like the black surround look. 

tony
Lets not forget a standard touring engine *may* have been original to the car - they didn't all have 'sports' engines.
I would suggest that this car has a replica body and wings, there are lots and lots of detail's which are wrong, anyone considering purchasing it would be well advised to tread very carefully.
Black Art Enthusiast