The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bantam factory...
I went to see my friend Peter today.

He is making some Bantams...

This is some fantastic work. Peter showed me some of the production pictures of the previous cars whilst on the Euro tour. I was very envious of him making things like this as a living. Try to get him to show some of his other work, not just card.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
His work is stunning Derek - I am glad you met him.
Impressive! What is the material?

Erich
I think it is white metal Erich - Peter does follow the Forum so hopefully he will correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you for posting those Ruairidh.

Erich, they are indeed white metal, with brass etched details on the chassis. They are at the primer stage at the moment - you'll see some have had the guide coat rubbed down in preparation for spraying the final colour.

These models fit around my commission work so it's difficult to say when they will be done. I have some very patient customers!

Peter.

www.invermodels.co.uk
Peter - They look really wonderful.

Without giving away trade secrets what do you use to stick the white metal pieces together? Someone gave me a white metal Morgan three wheeler and I was thinking of tackling it soon.
Hi Nick,

Some parts are soldered together. This is by far the most secure way but risky - the white metal melts very suddenly and small parts can disappear into a puddle!

The safer way is to super glue them. Make sure everything is scrupulously clean (new castings carry residue from the rubber moulds) and remove any paint from the glueing surfaces. Zap make a thick (yellow label) super glue and an activator /accelerator to make it set.

For any tiny parts that fit into drilled holes (door handles etc) use clear-drying PVA.

Peter.
(19-10-2017, 10:32 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Hi Nick,

Some parts are soldered together. This is by far the most secure way but risky - the white metal melts very suddenly and small parts can disappear into a puddle!

The safer way is to super glue them. Make sure everything is scrupulously clean (new castings carry residue from the rubber moulds) and remove any paint from the glueing surfaces. Zap make a thick (yellow label) super glue and an activator /accelerator to make it set.

For any tiny parts that fit into drilled holes (door handles etc) use clear-drying PVA.

Peter.

Many thanks Peter. I had a look on the ZAP site and found what you are recommending. Apparently they call accelerator a 'kicker'. Never realised there are so many different superglues!