The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mice!!
I have not used the Saloon since the summer and the mice have gotten in!

They ate the Radweld bottle, the handle from the plyers and loads of wood!

The wood was everywhere - couldn’t work out what they had eaten, until...

When I laid up daughter's MX5 for a while I liberally sprayed WD40 around the engine compartment. Didn't stop the discs from corroding!
It would be more economical to feed the mice. I use wheat in two different colours , red and blue . I put it in lovely little white plastic trays which I place around the garage.They love it
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
The mice got into my garage and into the Big 7 this autumn. They have eaten through the headlining in several places. I have declared war and put mousetraps out, caught ten so far. We live in the country so mice are a perennial problem, nothing valuable can be stored in our attics or sheds. They managed to wreck an Isabella caravan awning two years ago.

Someone told me that putting a open container with Jeyes Fluid in it will deter them from getting into a car, anyone agree??
As I'm sure you'll know, mice can apparently squeeze through a gap the size of a pencil. If it were me I'd attempt to seal up any pencil sized cracks / holes in the walls / window and door frames / roof etc. Doors themselves can be a problem, but depending on the type of doors fitted, small section hardwood battens running the width of the doors fixed to the floor inside or outside of the doors should prevent the mice gaining access under the doors. If all else fails and you have an electricity supply to the garage / shed / attic space, buy one of these ultrasonic / electromagnetic plug in mouse repellers - one unit covers an area of 232 square metres. I accept that living out in the country poses much more of a challenge. Fortunately I have a brick cavity walled garage so the only possible access points are the front door and side sliding door.

http://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com/fr...gJ6dvD_BwE
(19-10-2017, 11:24 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: As I'm sure you'll know, mice can apparently squeeze through a gap the size of a pencil. If it were me I'd attempt to seal up any pencil sized cracks / holes in the walls / window and door frames / roof etc. Doors themselves can be a problem, but depending on the type of doors fitted, small section hardwood battens running the width of the doors fixed to the floor inside or outside of the doors should prevent the mice gaining access under the doors. If all else fails and you have an electricity supply to the garage / shed / attic space, buy one of these ultrasonic / electromagnetic plug in mouse repellers - one unit covers an area of 232 square metres. I accept that living out in the country poses much more of a challenge. Fortunately I have a brick cavity walled garage so the only possible access points are the front door and side sliding door.

http://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com/fr...gJ6dvD_BwE
We suffer from squirrels or maybe rats as the heater plenum chamber of the modern (well 1998) car has been filled up with dog food pellets (1cm square) and/ or peanuts from bird feeders. Also air intakes & filters, both inside a garage, although the door is often left open. The wiring harness cover fabric & bulkhead insulation was also nibbled from a 4 year old Mercedes parked outside.
They haven't attacked the Seven ....yet!
David
I have an electronic deterrent that has worked well for the last 6 years but was unplugged in error a few months back!!

I found this in a local junk shop today - cost £1!

(19-10-2017, 02:51 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have an electronic deterrent that has worked well for the last 6 years but was unplugged in error a few months back!!

I found this in a local junk shop today - cost £1!

How effective are the electronic deterrers ? Is it a case of there are no elephants in the workshop therefore they must deterr those as well? Have people had the devices on and mice/rats arrived in plagues ? I could be a convert here.  cheers  Russell
P.S bargain of the year on the wheelbrace, especially when it appears the seller has 3 pounds on it Smile
None of the prices seemed to mean anything Russell - Daisy bought a mouse (!!) in the 50p cupboard for 10p and Tanya bought a chair for less than it was marked.

Everyone happy!
my friend Charles, a old bearded gent from cornwall who (like me) likes steam engines had a mouse problem in his modern car not so long ago, this was serialised on facebook.

The mouse was made to move out of his own accord using peppermint. Apparently they do not like peppermint.