The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition switch
Hi.  my ignition switch is not working on the Rp saloon .I have made a new rotor but unfortunately on reassembly I have broken one of the lugs inside the body. These are becoming increasing difficult to find in good condition for obvious reasons. I was thinking about changing to a more modern switch a PLC 5 or 6 these have less connections the D and F1 are missing, these are connections from the cut out for summer and winter settings on the switch.Apart from re-routing the ignition light is their any reason not to use the later switches .

Thanks
The summer/winter facility is lost. The simplest solution is a separate switch somewhere. Have to remember to switch to Winter when the lights are on but the ammeter reminds.  Those who enjoy complexity could add a miniature modern relay.
The Cornforth circuit diagrm, although not exactly applicable to RP, should prove very useful if not already discovered.
Hi,
I've just sent you a private message which may offer some sort of solution.
Best wishes,
Nick
I've got some spare bits of RP PLC switch as i had one that the body was burnt on. What do you need?

They are a bit of fun to get back together but I've done two now.
Thanks Geoff .One of the webs inside the main body of the switch is broken so another body would be a help. Nick has offered me some parts so I’ll let you know if I’m still stuck thanks again for your offer.
ken
When dismantling these switches best done in the middle of a large bare room with a sheet over your head.
Easier to dismantle such things inside a very large clear plastic bag - that way when springing things go boing, everything is contained.

Aye
Greig
A very good tip Greg.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
That’s interesting Greg because after my first attempt at assembly I was missing the small spring from above the rotor.i was working in my den inside the house and took everything out of the room but still couldn’t find it .The following day my wife found it in the pocket of a tee shirt which had gone into the wash!!!