The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IK Engineering crankshafts
Several weeks ago Tony Betts raised a thread on the forum following the issues with Phoenix and suggested there may be another new supplier for new crankshafts.

I did a little research on the web and within a couple of minutes found another company in the UK advertising conventional A7 cranks as well as a counterbalanced version, the company's website is:

https://www.ikengineering.co.uk/crankshatfs

Nobody I have asked knows anything about this company, so I thought I would ask the wider community if anyone has had any dealings with this company or purchased one of their crankshafts.

Many Thanks
Marcus
Well found.
I didn't know about them and their cranks seem very well priced!

C
Interesting. No, I've not heard of them either - presumably they must be supplying someone? The website is a bit thin on details but it may be worth finding out more.
Just had a quick look, the oil holes are in the wrong places for the jet fed.
The counterbalanced looks very nice.
Judging by what else this co does I would say they get the cranks made by someone else,
hi all,

never heard of the name of the company.

but not to say to much, i may know more about them than i realise????

the cranks in the picture, are the cranks "I" had made and sold under the name of KIDDY CRANKS.

the oil pickups do NOT line up, but under tests. and the fact these cranks have been fitted to around 27 road car. and at least 3 race cars. for the last 10 years. with NO problems what so ever. will let you draw your own conclussions. many of the friends on here had those cranks.

the price £695 was what i bought them at 10 years ago. for a batch of 10 at a time. i sold them for £750 each at that time. as you all know i always rip you people off for big percentage profits Big Grin there were also fitting problems that had to be corrected, the cost mainly came from the huge profits made.

the prices quickly went up, so did the production times. so i stopped making them.

the picture also shows 1 1/2 cranks. i only had one batch made 10 years ago. so the picture and prices could be well out of date.

i think the company mensioned could be a secondary company, and buying in from the actual manufaturers.

but if anyone wants to contact them and find out the state of play. prices, batch quantities. and there biggest problem production times. id love to here the results.

tony
I have contacted them and await an answer. They appear to have a coherent presence on Facebook as well.

C
(14-10-2019, 09:16 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: hi all,

never heard of the name of the company....but if anyone wants to contact them and find out the state of play. prices, batch quantities. and there biggest problem production times. id love to here the results.

tony

They have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/racingenginecomponents/ ...but, no physical address that I could find. Now, why is that? Or am I just missing something.....
Thanks Charles,

I was hoping someone in the UK would either know the company or make contact so that we can get some information on the current pricing, stock and what the quality of these is like. I will be very interested to hear what you manage to find out about them.

I'm surprised that they appear to be easy to find on the web but seem to be unknown to A7 people in the UK.

Cheers

Marcus

I understand that they are in Billingshurst in Sussex, but they dont appear to make their address known, maybe they don't want people just turning up wasting their time. They do seem to have good reports from previous customers and have a wide range of products for modern vehicles.

However the fact that no-one on the forum has heard of them is very surprising.

Lets see what sort of response Charles gets to his inquiry.
If you check the 'T&C' tab at the bottom of the page it reveals an apparently residential address in Sussex. A manufacturing company only contactable by a single mobile 'phone number doesn't quite seem 'normal' - more likely I suspect that work is farmed out elsewhere.
If you go to the llinked page for Ike Flack, it shows him also as manager of ASF Racing with I think a Thailand address.
https://m.facebook.com/AsfRacingServices.../?refid=17