The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free, authentic and useless
Hi Ray, The ex WD 19"X3" tyres were fitted to the trolley acc. starters which were plugged into spitfires etc. I knew a New Zealand typhoon and tempest pilot who told me he "acquired" some of these tyres for the chummy he was running at the time.
In the early seventies some RAF ground equipment was fitted with three-stud disc wheels identical to those on the Big Seven I was driving at the time.....
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
(10-10-2019, 11:46 AM)Lance Sheldrick Wrote: Hi Ray, The ex WD 19"X3" tyres were fitted to the trolley acc. starters which were plugged into spitfires etc. I knew a New Zealand typhoon and tempest pilot who told me he "acquired" some of these tyres for the chummy he was running at the time.

Sounds about right.  My Dad was acting Corporal with the ADCC (Air Defence Cadet Corps - later the ATC ) based at Brooklands during the War.  Some surprising items came to light on his demise...say no more!!