Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rear shock absorber bushes.
Does anyone have any experience of using poly-bushes on the shock absorber fixing to the rear axle. My rubber ones, purchased only a few years ago from one of our cherished suppliers, have failed already. The first ones when I rebuilt the car lasted over twenty years. I have had experience of putting polybushes on a Morris Minor and they have lasted indefinitely so I wonder whether a set on the Seven may last equally as long and if so where do I get them from? Members suggestions would be welcome.
Brian
Poly-bush have a webb site,listing size etc.
(16-10-2017, 04:45 PM)Bill Dixon Wrote: Poly-bush have a webb site,listing size etc.

I wonder if any other forum members have had experience of polybushes etc.
Somebody has to be the first to try Brian - let us know what you find out.
Just a long shot.......talk to SuperFlex.......they know what they are talking about and understand different grades of hardness for different applications.
What were your bushes like?
  The later modified by Austin ones were top hat shaped so two were used on the pin.....one pushed in from each side giving a flange between alloy link and pin flange.  The nuts were done up till a specified distance was achieved between the two faces bearing against the rims of the bushes. This did away with the fabric washers that used to be used at first. Note any bushes must be on clean shiney pins....any rusty surface will just eat them to shreds in no time.

Dennis