The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Repair Shop - BBC2...
Is anyone else enjoying this series of programmes about restoring old and rare items?
Absolutely R. Some skilful craftspeople, and some good restorations.
Hi R,

They must be on there second if not third series.

And yes very very good.

Tony.
My wife particularly likes it.
Tim Gunn is their bicycle man.

Charles
I saw that Tim was in it.
I think its a great show - and i particularly like the lack of false and unneccessary drama that most TV shows seem to have to have these days!
Stuart Bullen
Yes it's an interesting programme, I assume all the repairers have their own businesses and attend the Repair Shop for specific jobs and the programme because that shop will be like an ice box in winter. Whilst no money is mentioned some of the repairs would cost an arm and a leg.
Here are some of the episodes on iPlayer (if you have access), which may interest those who have not seen it yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b...epair-shop
I have watched a few seasons on ABC here in Oz- brilliant !

Unfortunately us colonials are not allowed to watch BBC- just you wait until Brexit !!
I agree Ruairhidh, I love what they show but due to obvious production and time restraints, they do miss a lot out. The editing/continuity could do with a bit of improving as quite often bits are fitted and then are not there 30 seconds later. Having had my moan, am glad something original is on rather that some "celebrities" rubbish. Wish I had a tenth of their skills.