The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart in Brittany
Renaud, these have seen better days but perhaps could be tidied up a little while welding? (Sorry, I could not see how to attach a photo to p.m.)

If interested I suggest to ask your welder to define exactly the piece he would like to work with, show me a sketch, then I can send you only that (I would like the rest of the case for another purpose, & it will save on postage).

We can talk at end of next week.
Hello Chris,
This is really awfully kind of you. Then, due to the shape of the cracks, I don't think it would be easy and would be too much trouble for you.

[Image: dsc_2915.jpg]
[Image: dsc_2916.jpg]

I reckon I will rather machine the cracks to remove the indentations and give them a circular cut. Then I would machine the right parts on my mill to match those shapes? (I hope my english is up to the task here!)
Of course I'm certainly not the first to try that and I will have here a lot of precious advices to do it properly.

Anyway thanks again Chris for the kind offer.
Renaud
No problem, if you change your mind it is only a few moments with an angle grinder!
I remember reading with interest on the previous site about those crankcase mounts breaking because of the lack of rigidity of the chassis. Trying to rigidify it the crankcase would break its mounts. I suppose mine had the same problem. I looked in the Companion about that but could not find anything, maybe I did'nt look enough?
To me that looks like accident (or deliberate) damage Renaud. I agree though it's a bad idea to bolt down the case tight to the chassis, I use three bolts not so tight on the rubbers and one (rear) merely floating.