The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart in Brittany
Robert, I think the seats have been narrowed fro the top, can't think of any other reason
Can’t place the item to the right of the cam shaft ?. You sometimes get chassis etc on leboncoin.fr.  I have two spare engines for my Rosengarts, on a little later though , but would still fit if needed. I have also two spare cranks as I have fitted Phoenix cranks to both running engines. Good luck with your project.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're speaking about. This is my first A7/LR2 engine.
I'll shot the top of the heads Robert. And don't hesitate to ask for more of course.
Have a nice sunday. Very windy here but we are used to that.

Previous answer for Robert.
Derek I have no idea. I just got those parts dismantled in a big box.
I'd be interested to know what the holes on the top of the crankcase next to the starter housing are for.

Do we know whether Rosengart made their own tooling? or did Longbridge supply? Parts seem so similar to A7 and then you spot little differences.

Re the valves I suppose it could be a repair, or has someone perhaps put in hardened inserts?

Shame about the front crankcase mounts - but wonders can be done with aluminium welding these days. I'd look for a scrap A7 case which doesn't need its mounts any more. (I might even have one).
Hi all, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to Rosengart engines. I looked at the first photographs of the crankcase and could see differences to my Austin Ruby crankcase. Can anybody tell me what fits to the side of the starter motor fixing. There is a hole in the crankcase with what look like two smaller fixing holes to each side.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I know that Rosengart made and machined everything in France. They are all metric anyway. The foundry and machining I find very well and thoroughly done.
John. Oil filler mounting

John. Oil filler mounting

Austin had a 20% stake in Rosengart I believe . 100 rolling chassis were supplied  to which Rosengart bodied. None exist. Rosengart manufactured the LR2 entirely in his factory in Paris. He adapted the designs to suit himself, as mentioned making all parts metric. Hand as the bearings are half the price of imperial ones.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Those diagrams will undoubtly help when I will be rebuilding the engine Derek. Excellent. If you could email them I would be grateful of course.
Bruce ? Right
When we lived in Brittany the ABVA used to have meetings at the Port at St Brieuc and I was told that Rosengart moved from Paris to St Brieuc and the factory was in the port, the buildings are still there.