The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRAKE PEDAL LENGTH
My 'Ulster' had a brake pedal which had been bent to suit a previous owner's fancy. I say 'had' because upon closer inspection I found it to be cracked half way through at the point where it had been bent. "Tread carefully" if going down that route.

.jpg   Crack.jpg (Size: 393.8 KB / Downloads: 180)
There are several different brake pedals - here are pictures of 3:-

.jpg   Davids website.jpg (Size: 56.12 KB / Downloads: 160)

.jpg   Ruby brake (2).JPG (Size: 27.19 KB / Downloads: 160)

.jpg   Brake2.jpg (Size: 47.29 KB / Downloads: 160)

The one in the second picture is made in two pieces and would be easy to shorten by cutting a new slot for the cotter pin.
Howard.. Sadly I no longer have this wedge. It was donated to a special build some 30+ years ago and I have no idea what has become of the car. However in principal it should be fairly easy to produce something along those lines.
Thanks Bruce

My own solution has been to add a very small wedge to the front of the steering box plate and shave a small amount off the back.  I've managed to get about 4 degrees extra inclination on the column without altering the position of the brake pivot which is fine for me as I started with a 41 degree steering box.

Cheers

Howard