The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to the new forum...
That's good to hear Tony!
Hearty congratulations and many thanks for all the admin team in giving us this lovely new forum. I really like the pleasant new format and particularly the ease of posting photos. An extra gold star for that alone!

Bill
aka Bill James on the old forum
Thought I would revive this important thread as I think it would be a shame for it to get lost. The main reason for my post is firstly to obtain advice on the best and simplest way to upload photos for future reference. The other reason is that Lorna Mountford (Chairman of the Swallow Owners club) has organised a visit to Sussex of possibly the largest number of Austin 7 and other Swallow bodied cars to be seen in recent years in Sussex. They will be at Amberley Chalk Pits Museum near Arundel on Saturday and The Weald and Downland Museum, near Singleton, on Sunday as guests of the Jaguar Owners' Club.
(18-08-2017, 11:06 AM)James Anderson Wrote: Thought I would revive this important thread as I think it would be a shame for it to get lost. The main reason for my post is firstly to obtain advice on the best and simplest way to upload photos for future reference. The other reason is that Lorna Mountford (Chairman of the Swallow Owners club) has organised a visit to Sussex of possibly the largest number of Austin 7 and other Swallow bodied cars to be seen in recent years in Sussex. They will be at Amberley Chalk Pits Museum near Arundel on Saturday and The Weald and Downland Museum, near Singleton, on Sunday as guests of the Jaguar Owners' Club.

Hello James and welcome on board,
I have made 'Sticky' Guides to guide you with both uploading photo's, and adding events, which can now be browsed in the calendar which links to discussion in the 'events' board. Guides for each are at the top of the 'Forum Chat', and 'Events' boards. Or follow the links below...

PHOTOS
EVENTS

Let me know if you have any questions, and don't worry if you don't get it right first time, as all can be edited.
Thank you very much for bringing the swallow events to our attention, sounds like a must see, and in 2 interesting locations to boot.
Thought I would quickly add this link to the event so that anyone who's appetite has been whetted by James' post can get the details for this weekend. If you would like me to pop it on the calendar quick, just let me know. Seems like non swallow bodied sevens will also be able to display at the Amberley museum Saturday "Entrance for those arriving in a Swallow or other classic motor car is £5.". I have sent an email to ask permission for myself, and will ask if they are happy for other forum users to bring their seven, when/if I get a reply.
LINK
(18-08-2017, 01:19 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thought I would quickly add this link to the event so that anyone who's appetite has been whetted by James' post can get the details for this weekend. If you would like me to pop it on the calendar quick, just let me know. Seems like non swallow bodied sevens will also be able to display at the Amberley museum Saturday "Entrance for those arriving in a Swallow or other classic motor car is £5.". I have sent an email to ask permission for myself, and will ask if they are happy for other forum users to bring their seven, when/if I get a reply.
LINK

From what I can see on the Calendar, the Weald and Downland Event is listed as on Saturday when it's actually on Sunday and the Amberley Event that's on Saturday is not listed at all. Would have listed these events as a 'New Topic' but don't appear to be qualified (as far as the website organsiers are concerned) to be able to do this and it looks as if by the time I am the events will be history anyway !
James,

I have not yet posted an event but 'was' under the impression that anyone can add an event, are you unable to?

Timothy is in charge of the events section and appears to be doing a great job.
(18-08-2017, 04:34 PM)James Anderson Wrote:
(18-08-2017, 01:19 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Thought I would quickly add this link to the event so that anyone who's appetite has been whetted by James' post can get the details for this weekend. If you would like me to pop it on the calendar quick, just let me know. Seems like non swallow bodied sevens will also be able to display at the Amberley museum Saturday "Entrance for those arriving in a Swallow or other classic motor car is £5.". I have sent an email to ask permission for myself, and will ask if they are happy for other forum users to bring their seven, when/if I get a reply.
LINK

From what I can see on the Calendar, the Weald and Downland Event is listed as on Saturday when it's actually on Sunday and the Amberley Event that's on Saturday is not listed at all. Would have listed these events as a 'New Topic' but don't appear to be qualified (as far as the website organsiers are concerned) to be able to do this and it looks as if by the time I am the events will be history anyway !

Hello James, 
Sorry for the confusion, the event I listed at Weald and Downland on Saturday is not the 'Jaguar owners/Swallow register) event, it is their own, 'steam and vintage' weekend, where they are welcoming all classic cars (Pre registered) on the Saturday only. This, I presume, as they are having the Jaguar owners (and swallows) on the Sunday, and have limited space. I didn't know at the time that the Swallow register would be there Sunday so noted though the Steam parts was still on, they weren't welcoming cars to display.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to post an event, if you had tried before your account had been authorised then there would have been an issue, but shouldn't now. If you go to the calendar the button is bottom left (Add public event), or in the events forum, 'post thread'.
Both should give you the same box to set up date as per my guide linked to above.
All the best
The archive from the old forum has lost the ability to successfully search.
I can search and find results but if I want to read the posts I'm asked for a password, which I don't have (it's  not the one for the new Forum!)
The old forum is too valuable to lose 

Charles
Same for me