The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phoenix Crankshafts website down
After not having received answers to my e-mails for some weeks (a batch of A7 + Rosengart crankshafts was due 'late this summer', I was 'on the list' so I had been expecting an invoice for the downpayment), the 'phone being on answerphone 'due to holidays' since last week and discovering today  their website is down.... does anyone here know of some mishap having hit Phoenix Crankshafts ????
I believe they have gone into receivership or administration. I heard there was some plan to resurrect the company but I haven't heard any more.
if thats' the case......that would be a big loss for us all...... and make me face yet another major problem....plus further delay with getting my car back on the road.... plus a more grumpy friendly mechanic in whose workshop my car has been standing in waiting for months already .. plus higher costs ......
(10-09-2019, 01:45 PM)Parazine Wrote: I believe they have gone into receivership or administration. I heard there was some plan to resurrect the company but I haven't heard any more.

Company has been in receivership, is up and running again under new ownership. Picked up a crank from them last week. Due to receivership etc. they have a big backlog of work; I understand from the new manager that they are honouring deposits left before the company went into receivership, but they have a big backlog of work due to the previous uncertainty.
information at Company House says 'active proposal to strike off' https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01988153

Stuart: as you are obviously beter informed: how can I contact the new manager (what's his name??) as the phone is on answerphone and mails have not been responded to...
Michael have you checked to see if Tony Betts has one in stock, I know he stocks Phoenix and Hadley cranks...
This is the "old" company". Phoenix Design and Engineering Ltd.
The Statement of Affairs under the filing tab shows the degree of debt, and an indication of who isn't likely to get paid. HMRC is a preferential creditor. If the new owner is honouring paid deposits that's a very nice move of them  

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01986988

This is the new company that I believe bought the remains:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12055673

Charles
(10-09-2019, 02:10 PM)Michael D Wrote: information at Company House says 'active proposal to strike off' https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01988153

Stuart: as you are obviously beter informed: how can I contact the new manager (what's his name??) as the phone is on answerphone and mails have not been responded to...

The original phone number was getting answered when I phoned last week. The new manager's name is Jerry. Marc still works there under the new management, as do most of the other guys; which has to be good news as regards the continuing quality of their product. I would guess that the website and email are both down as a result of Plusnet being one of the unpaid creditors of the 'old' company.
I think this one has a long way to play out fully yet.

By talking to them on the phone myself, the new pheonix seam to be in a bigger mess than the old.

It will be interesting to see were this one goes though.

Ivan, 

I don't have pheonix cranks in stock, and after talking to there new phone operator. I've lost any confidence I had in the company.

Let's waite and see if better products get offered from other avenues.

Tony.
I was there 10 days ago I picked up 2 new cranks and my crankcase
The contact there is Gerry Aston.
He seems to have everything under control. They are still an operating company, though under new management and with too much to sort out to get to grips with things.
Same staffs but few retired. He showed me 20 A7 cranks already in their boxes ready for shipping.