The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puncture
John Mason pid='33919' dateline='1567013344']]JohnD.  Could you please enlighten me as to where you bought it from as I would like one of these in my car tool kit.  I did try one of the 12 volt pumps for emergency use but because I still run my Ruby on 6 volts it didn't run fast enough to create enough  pressure.

John Mason.[/quote]

[quote=      

John Mason, i bought this recently from a local chap clearing out his Garage, cost me more than its probably worth but its an unusual item
When I was a child my father used one of these on the Chummy to inflate the airbeds!

Don't let them down when you are still in the tent!
We took one on the 1968 London to Sydney Marathon it came with a small light air-bellows device that could be used as a jack. In 10000 miles in 10 days driving we had one puncture - on the last but one stage- we used our long "up a stick" hydraulic jack though, quicker than faffing about with removing a plug from a twin cam Cortina !
Memories of the London to Sydney marathon.  We worked all day in our office job then took the long drive up to Wangaratta for the stage ending in the middle of the night. Do remember the Austin 1800 doing maintenance and tyre changes, and after all the commotion set off back arriving in time for work. I was so tired that I was weaving all over the road, and the police pulled me over for a breath test! I think Tony Johns took over the driving from there on.
As I said before I use one of these as they are small and light and readily available through motorcycle shops, this one online was $30 AUS which is about 15 GBP, mind you I have never used it but if it will inflate a motorcycle tyre an Austin tyre should be a doddle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cheers

Mark
That looks like a very useful emergency kit.
I'd prefer that to filling the tube with combustion mixture.
(31-08-2019, 12:33 AM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: As I said before I use one of these as they are small and light and readily available through motorcycle shops, this one online was $30 AUS which is about 15 GBP, mind you I have never used it but if it will inflate a motorcycle tyre an Austin tyre should be a doddle.

Just bought a small version of a similar kit with 5 patches, 'scraper' and rubber cement in a plastic box for A$8 at AutOBarn. Two patches on - I will check later.