The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My next adventure
You probably already have one but as it wasn't mentioned above, a good length of polypropylene rope can be handy. It's there so you can always give a stranded motorist a tow.
Ha ha Duncan, like it!

I snapped off my gear lever in Sweden and drove 26Km through the forest in 3rd gear till I was able to find a welder to fix it for me. Just remember it's these little things that the adventure is made of!
This is the gas powered tyre inflator I've bought. There are two types, a one shot (you empty the bottle in one go) or this one which has a valve. The 16gm CO² bottle will shoot about 10psi into a 400-18 trials tyre so should be roughly the same for a 350x19 Longstone.

[Image: 20190807-112856.jpg]

I shall also be taking the 12v pump that I usually keep in the boot of the Ark Royal, just in case. Belt & Braces.
Not just Sevens. Loading the shopping into the 2CV at Waitrose in Abergavenny this morning, another 2CV arrived. Knowing he wasn't local, I asked him where he was heading to he, said he was on his way to visit family in Sheffield. When I asked where he was coming from, he said that he lived in Bordeaux. Charming chap with an utterly reliable 2CV, but might make an interesting rally navigator.
Reckers I use those cannisters for my bicycle tyres, one 16g 'bomb' as they are termed will inflate a 23x700c racing tyre to 7 bar. Be aware that the molecules of Co2 are smaller than the molecules of air, hence to them the tube is porous and will leak out of steadily, so over the next 48 to 60 hours the tyre will slowly deflate again. It also won't seal up any holes. An alternative is a can of Tyre Weld -A large deodorant can sized can of inflatable foamy stuff which can be 'pumped' into a leaking tyre to get you home. It'll seal up most holes, at worst will allow you to drive on to where you can change the wheel safely

I'd suggest one more item to pack into the car - Me  Big Grin  I don't occupy much space, can double de clutch crash boxes smoothly, change wheels, pump tyres, bodge most things on a 7 & I don't snore, (never mind what my lovely wife says)

I'll just wait at the post box for my air ticket then ??

Aye
Greig
Good morning, Bruce

I have been away on a family holiday and unable to communicate till now.

What a lovely idea.   Wish I was coming too, but am going to be away, again.

I always carry a condenser and a wheel nut or two, a couple of spanners and screwdrivers, wheel changing kit, and that's about it.

The holiday was saved for us by "Gorilla Tape"  which both sealed a leak in a boat and successfully replaced a couple of rusted pop rivets on a boom fitting.

I would certainly add this to my kit from now on.

Cheers, and have a great drive,

Simon
I would stick a scallop shell on your radiator and invest in a Spanish phrase book. Both will generate good will with the locals.
We have family in both Catalonia and Galicia, so know you're proposed route. I have been toying with the idea of taking the Seven rather than the motorhome next time, so I am very envious, although I wouldn't relish your schedule! The very best of luck to you. Buen viaje!
Just for information I have started a "group" on whatsapp regarding this trip. If you want to sign up click the link below.

Group name Bruce's Reckless Odyssey

https://chat.whatsapp.com/BnulxZMK2kBBoDGNJOFNR7
So envious of you, these types of adventures are what life is all about. Will follow with interest
Steve & Tate Davidson
Perpetual Amateur Austineers
Hi Recker's my computer tells me that what's app is only available on mobile phones. Unfortunately my phone is in the Stone Age so I will be unable to follow you on your adventure.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.