The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hi Frank, If you need a beer to help you keep going, make sure you have another for when you've finished. Smile
Keep up the good work.
Smiley.
Hello again,
after more than eight weeks I managed to get my vacuum wiper into the best condition possible. I stripped of the old paint, polished the cylinders inside and outside, repainted them, fitted my new seals and.... it runs without interruptions and really fast.
All the experience and my knowledge was put into a pdf-file and a video that - at least that's what I hope - will help others to be as successful as I was with my wiper motor. It cannot be guaranteed that this description is complete, correct and leads to a successful restoration of the wiper motor.  There is no liability for damages or injuries. Please mind the instructions of tools, materials and substances used in the process of restoration.

Hope you enjoy my work

The PDF-File
[Image: Manual_Lucas_Wiper_Motor_056.jpg]
Link to PDF-file

Kind regards
Frank
Frank

This has been a first class thread.  You’ve done an excellent job on the wiper and the reporting.  Well done.

Cheers

Howard

It may make me have a go at resurrecting my vacuum wiper!
Thanks for an excellent tutorial Frank. I'm sure some clubs may like to include it in their technical pages.
Well done Frank! Excellent tutorial.
Thank you Howard,
I have done my very best to set up a tutorial that was based on the steps and the problems I had. I will perhaps add some additional aspects that I have not worked on (no need yet) but where I have already found potential solutions. 
Regards Frank

Thanks "Squeak",
If any club needs the article and especially the photos, they shall simply contact me (high resulotion photos for printed versions of the tutorial are available)... the more wiper motors are rescued, the better.
Regards
Frank

Thank you Stepney,
Thank you for your reply and your photo, I have used and it is your contribution to the article.
Kind regards
Frank
Hello again and sorry for disturbing you once again.
When I first opened the wiper I already realized that the screws that attach the clamp to the valve unit could hardly be kept in place simply because the soft material of the valve unit is prone to wear. So I thought about a solution that would not only solve the problem but at the same time avoid further damage to the valve unit. So instead of cutting new threads, widening the holes and weakening the valve unit even more, I "simply" added new screws (M4 x 10) which were cut to the necessary length and - due to their slightly bigger size - perfectly fit into the worn threads. In case that even this does not help I took coupling nuts and made them fit into position. So, I am prepared for the worst...

This procedure has also been added to the PDF-File, not to the video... 

[Image: Lucas_Vacuum_Wiper_Motor_Repair.png]

So, that's it. Hope this will once again help some of you who have been struggeling with this little.... wiper motor.
Regards
Frank
Frank,

I passed on your most informative article on to our Club president who is in the process of restoring a Lucas vacuum wiper- he was very complementary- thank you.

I will give him this latest advice.

Tony
Brilliant job Frank.
Hello Dave, Hello Tony, thank you very much for your kind responses. I will try to document even oncoming problems and add them to the pdf-file... Promised!
Regards
Frank