The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
torque settings
I would dispute that your average person can judge head studs consistently with a spanner Bob
Black Art Enthusiast
(08-08-2019, 07:30 AM)Jamie Wrote: The other, a bendy-bar type, was spot on, much to my great surprise.

Bendy bar ones are great. 
They don't go out of calibration and are, as you've found, reasonably accurate. I'd much rather have a reliably accurate torque wrench than a digital one displaying precision without perhaps the associated long term accuracy. 

Charles
(08-08-2019, 10:41 PM)Charles P Wrote: The other, a bendy-bar type, was spot on, much to my great surprise.

. I'd much rather have a reliably accurate torque wrench than a digital one displaying precision without perhaps the associated long term accuracy. 

Charles
[/quote]

My son bought a digital torque wrench "head" when he built his BMW engine. It was a good idea in theory, but never really seemed to work properly. I think that he reverted to a traditional torque wrench.

Jamie.