The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hearses
If the body was horse drawn does that mean that the coffin was on a hay cart, and the mourners sat on folding chairs in the back of the magnificent Wolseley hearse?

Sorry Hedd, I'll get my coat. No I won't I'll put on my fireproof overalls ready for the Le Mans start from the church door. Does the hearse have to be scrutineered before collecting the coffin or do the scrutes appear somewhere in the order of service?
(06-08-2019, 08:53 AM)Martin Prior Wrote: One of our "bucket list" projects is to build an A7 hearse.

Book now for your Big Day!

I think you'll have to fit it to a 6-wheeler!

[Image: 158_02_11_17_1_06_49.jpeg]
(06-08-2019, 08:32 AM)Alan Wrote: An ex colleague of mine left £100 in his will to the hearse driver on condition that they exceeded 100mph on his last journey.

Did the driver earn the £100?
Yes he did
Alan Fairless
Me thinks adding an extra axle etc may be a nice way to supplement your income with your latest project Jon! : Big Grin
There was muttering last night that the next time the hearse is seen it might be at Silverstone early next year. It could be a perfect entry for the Pom.
A bit distressing this one, but how about an American Austin hearse for children ...

Peter.

.jpg   AustinHearse.jpg (Size: 9.86 KB / Downloads: 199)
One of my wife's pupils at school recently asked her if we still had that 'little funeral car?'.

Colin
The Kiwi hearse builder is Dick Anderson, from Nelson.He just got it finished in time for his Mother's ceremony. He is flying home from Blighty as I write this and I will try and get a picture posted next week. A superb job, complete with etched glass and all the trimmings!