Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas LB130 Lamps
I have For Sale a pair of Lucas LB130 headlamps which I believe may have an Austin application.

They are complete with approx  6 1/2" dia domed glass which is readed on the inside. The glass is perfect.

The chrome is in place and a portion of it has cleaned up to an acceptable state so no reason not to believe the rest wouldn't do also.

One lamp has had a riveted repair at the base where the mounting stud is situated.

I'm happy to accept the highest offer and also supply photographs if you text or PM me your email address to  07481 606008.

Please also call for any other information. Situated NG24.

Thanks
Paul
Hi
I was about to post my query on the forum but noticed your post.
A week ago, I purchased a pair of empty chrome shells on ebay.
Before they were finally delivered today, I had accepted the vendors assurance that they were in fact 7 inch "king of the road" chrome shells.
Although, if they were 7", they would be slightly too large for the seven, but I was OK with it.
Therefore, in anticipation, I purchased a set of 7" halogen replacement reflectors with 6 volt 35 watt bulbs and sidelamps along with cables.
When they arrived I discovered they were, in fact, 6 1/2 shells - absolutely right for the car BUT ... 7 inch kit won't fit my 6 1/2 shells!
As I am also in a Morris Minor club, I may be able to sell these on at our rally next month (My Minor already has these reflectors and halogen bulbs)
So, roughly how much were you expecting for the lights? Bearing in mind I have a good pair of shells and only require the contents?
If you have the correct lamp bodies, then have a look at motorbike light units, (I think the brand was Xanadu) I fitted a pair of these to my Ruby, the lense was a perfect fit and takes H4 bulbs, modern diffuser, have very good lights now, also, there is a pilot light, which I use for the front flashing amber turn indicator light (or use as the pilot light and use the side light for the indicator).