The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking inside the box(not the car)
    having just finished off a box of wine, like you do, I thought what can you do with the liner. How many of us tote a good supply of water in the boot of the car, just in case.  Extra weight especially when touring is not welcomed. I have now made an outer bag to fit the wine box inner and can now lay it down on the engine side baffles, weight in the front.

I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I like your thinking Derek. I always carry a 1/2 gallon plastic bottle which I've had for years, has been filled from streams and ponds all over Europe. It nestles down beside the petrol tank on top of the scuttle. Never crossed my mind to use a collapsible one and potentially free up a bit of space...
But what do people think when they see you filling your rad. from a wine box? Come to think of it, the first time my ulster ran it had potheen in the radiator.
Alan Fairless
perhaps supplemented by resiting of driver and passenger urostomy bags for long distance tours demanding good weight distribution. And a row of micro-shelves directly in front of the radiator for comestibles that might otherwise sweat. Saving weight on silver foil, snappywrap and lunchboxes.
This reminds me of the joke Jay Leno plays on people when he exhibits his Bugatti Type 57. He fills the (now redundant) original fuel sediment trap with grape juice. He tells gullible inquirers that the Bugatti runs on wine and to 'prove' it, he unscrews the sediment bowl and drinks the contents!
I did hear tell of a pie-warmer installed in a 7 at Guildtown but couldn't track it down...
before embarkimg on this as such great idea of yours Sheldon.. what was the wine like??? I've once (and only once) bought some Spanish-red-wine-in-a-box and it was 'orribile....... stained my teeth for days to come, upset my stomach and wreaked havoc with my head ........
Actually it was a Sauvignon Blanc and very palatable
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
And if I remember correctly an Australian innovation.