The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garage
Just finished a home for our A7 Ruby.
20mm loglap timber cladded walls.
Getting water wetting the inside surface of walls.
Worse on the joints.
I know a lot of you have timber garages.
There are a multitude of sealing products.
Advice please on the best products
Thanks in anticipation
That is the way it is, but could you insulate the inside with the multilayer aluminium/foam sandwich product.  The bit of moisture that came out at the bottom of the walls wouldn't be too much of a problem ??
I have made my garage and workshop (workshop 15 years old) from T&G weather board and both are weatherproof.  The odd plank that has shrunk so much as to see daylight through the joint seems to shed water outside of the T&G.
New garage, concrete floor ? . Are you sure that the water is not coming from the inside. There’s one hell of a lot of water sitting in concrete months after it’s put down.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Floor is completely dry.
The inside of the timber cladding is damp (not running)
I was hoping someone could recommend a preservative/sealer.
But thanks for the comments
Not that helpful now, but if you'd have wrapped the frame in Tyvek or equivalent (breathable membrane) before cladding you'd have a completely dry structure that would breath moisture out. https://www.toolstation.com/rhinovent-ul...ane/p83455

Creocote is good stuff, but wear a mask when you apply it.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Bartoline-Creoc...gJaHvD_BwE
Might be an idea to install air vents and create an airflow through the building?
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I don’t suppose you will have fitted the boards up-side-down but if the wetting is worse at the joints any water running down the outer face will collect in the grooves and seep through the joints.

Roger
New garage, concrete floor ? . Are you sure that the water is not coming from the inside. There’s one hell of a lot of water sitting in concrete months after it’s put down.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Definitely have air vents high and low at each end/ side of your structure.
I had the same problem with my Beach Hut.

Have you painted or treat the outside of your garage?

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Bill
The smooth finished boards are tanalized .
Not treated .
Tim