The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Guildtown, Perthshire
Mr Livingstone I assume?
Hi Ruairidh,
Thank you to you, the "Clairlady" and all the rest of the organisation for a wonderful friendly weekend! The collection of cars was second to none and all the other events, the run on lovely quiet roads, the ceilidh and the display plus the barbecues, most enjoyable! It was great to meet lots of people known only to me previously by name, and we made many good friends. We had a good safe journey home, and I returned the trailer today. The selection of photographs that have been posted is fabulous and perfectly capture the atmosphere of the event. Well done!
Best wishes,
Ashley
Got back to North Yorkshire last night after a great Guildtown weekend followed by two days in Grantown on Spey and a day at North Berwick.
Guildtown must be the friendliest and most relaxed event of the year, many thanks to all those who made it possible.  Despite torrential rain on the way up, the weather was super and in Grantown it was over hot!
My Gordon England Brooklands made it to the show, thanks to the kind efforts of Mike Costigan and Tony Griffiths, to whom I am most grateful.  It looked a bit like a Dinky toy amongst the other GE cars present in its rhubarb and custard livery!
The ceilidh was great fun, I even took to the floor towards the end, when the wine had taken over.   Duncan Grimmond impressed on the dance floor, his clog dancing talents coming in very useful.
Our Border Collies Mollie and Gus found the Sunday BBQ the highlight of the weekend.  They would like to thank Graham Smith and Nick Turley in particular for the cooked sausages which supplemented their normal diet throughout the holiday.   Gus also liked the Jazz Band who were superb.   He generally growls at buskers.
I would have liked to have done the extra days touring the Highlands in an Austin 7 which looked great fun.
Looking forward to Guildtown 2020.
Only one word to describe the weekend...

Marvelous....
The lookalike “victim” this year was the Clarelady - most of her personalities were represented on stage, JP, floral dress, land girl and organiser!

I like the John “off his tits” Davies entrant’s outfit.

I doubt if he could drive his Cup in that outfit!!!

Just as well there were lots of parking cones available.

Full marks to those brave souls up on the stage who
Gave such great laughs to the audience, many
of whom had tears in their eyes!

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
The "off his tits" John was brilliant.

I fear he peeked a little early though.

And needed a rest on the stage latter in the evening. Or even early hours?

Unkie dunkie did struggle with his age wilst John was horizontal Big Grin

Tony.
As the dust and sore heads settle from 10 days away with the Scottish A7 Club, just a quick word of thanks.

As a Club we are very grateful to everyone who participated in the Rally, many of you travelled far and wide to attend and we are very grateful indeed for your efforts.

We have been inundated with positive messages from you - which makes us very happy indeed.  Most commented on inclusive nature of the event and that children were in abundance having as much fun as their parents.  

We have already started to plan next year and will be back to let you know when that will take place, thank you again to everyone who helped and attended.

Ruairidh Dunford
Secretary
Scottish Austin Seven Club

.jpg   UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_29f0a.jpg (Size: 199.76 KB / Downloads: 142)

.jpeg   182B1CE9-E8A9-48FD-90AF-5E01B439C425.jpeg (Size: 138.36 KB / Downloads: 116)
.jpeg   370CBB28-55F8-4BB7-B5CD-60C337D5255F.jpeg (Size: 156.55 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpeg   856BBB7C-D3A6-4292-AA21-5078D48A6EF3.jpeg (Size: 154.24 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpeg   5A69FB93-5B31-4967-81FA-AAE09DBE24DC.jpeg (Size: 134.87 KB / Downloads: 114)
.jpeg   F553D5F9-B780-420E-990C-3255E4526895.jpeg (Size: 96.44 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpeg   FA160C96-3AB1-43AC-ACEA-CF81160D62F8.jpeg (Size: 84.08 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpeg   C2F15950-F101-40A0-9828-DDD91626FD35.jpeg (Size: 75.51 KB / Downloads: 115)

Tails of Guildtown! a Gordon England Extravaganza!

Gordon England would surely have rejoiced to
See his car designs carrying on into the 21st Century
almost a 100 years since he started designing 
and building cars . Let’s hope as many Gordon England 
cars can reassemble for the 100th anniversary of the Austin 7
presumably at Beaulieu? Many thanks to Tom Abernethy for
Keeping GE’s legacy living on.....

Lots of interesting tails at Guildtown, no two the same!

Regards

Bill G 
Aka AllAlloyCup
Based near the Scottish Border,
I'm sure we will all be back next year for the friendliest and best rally of the season.    All I need now is a kind volunteer to trailer my Pytchley to the event!
I like the idea of having a theme for the event.   For 2020 how about 'Early saloons?'
I am itching to have a go at building a replica GE saloon, I just need to make some space!
I suppose if you had a driveable rolling chassis with a GE plywood floorpan, you could have a variety of body 'umbrellas' to fit, ie saloon, sunshine saloon, van.  That would blow some fuses at the DVLA!