The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aluminium inlet manifold and carb - what have I got?
I wonder if any of my fellow forum members might be able to help identify what I've got here. I have an idea it's the sort of thing that might be used on an Austin 7 special, but as my knowledge of Sevens is confined entirely to standard production cars, this is a complete grey area for me.

All I can see before me is an aluminium manifold, presumably just for inlet only, plus a Zenith carb that sort-of looks familiar, but is of different configuration to the one I have on my Ruby. Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi
Your carb looks identical to the zenith 26vf that’s fitted to my 1952 ford prefect.
Hope this helps 
Nathan
Period tuning part, ideal for a special, or ordinary Seven if you want improvement in performance.
You would need a tubular exhaust manifold to use this.Later high comp Ruby head would be good too.
Hi IAN,

The inlet manifold, "if period" I beleive were SUPERLOY. Although they didn't mark them.

These were commonly copied, by a few people. The alan raeburn sports inlet was a copy of these.

Although, I think yours being a rougher casting is from another supplier.

If you want to email me, I'll tell you who's it is likely to be.

These inlets were made originally to take ford carbs, although an 1 1/8 SU carbs will fit. But you don't see many made for downdraught use.

The carb on it does look ford. Or at least a simular type, many ford downdraught carbs were cast ford on the top.

Tony.
Austin Tractor ??
A not-quite Nippy copy, common enough in the 50s and 60s.
Thank you, all, for your helpful replies. Much appreciated.
Hi IAN,

Here are picks of an original superloy.

[attachment=7413]

[attachment=7414]

[attachment=7415]

And here is a modern day alan raeburn.

[attachment=7416]

[attachment=7417]

[attachment=7418]
Item is now for sale on Fleabay, item number 173982783861.
(31-07-2019, 08:49 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Here are picks of an original superloy

Thanks Tony. Those Supaloy and Raeburn products look to be more finely engineered than the one in my possession.