The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beyond my pocket
The Red Adair line... If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
Another one that stops them is "How much do you pay to have your Merc/BM/RR delete as appropriate serviced. "What , £140.00 per hour? How does the potted plant/coffee/sofa/reception/secretary cost?"
One would have thought he'd try for 99,999.

Is this the one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-PEDAL...SwTkFcvH5f
Tony I'm sorry my advert came across that way, and I certainly was not trying to discredit Andys work, I love the car and how it's built.
Also the engine was built by a good friend of mine who was the engine builder at P&A Wood, and now Clark and Carter, I was trying to avoid using names so that it wouldn't come across as arrogant.

Regards to pricing something like this, it's very difficult we had another Brooklands rep up for £ 32,850 and sold it within a couple of months to an Italian Gentleman, I personally prefer the build quality and styling of mine?

Christoff

http://www.vintagerollsroycecars.com/sal...n-england/
The Brooklands that was up for sale at £32850 was the ex Chris Smith car subsequently owned by James Yeo.  This car was also built up by Andy Hastings. Chris Smith purchased it as a rolling chassis with a Tom Abernethy frame fitted (Body TA4)  At the time I was in regular contact with Andy who over the years did several cars for me, including the RL saloon.   Before Andy started on TA4, we took patterns of the frame together with detailed photos and measurements.  Two further Brooklands bodies were built, the first being my car which will be at Guildtown.  Upon completion of my car, Andy built the black car which differed from mine in that he lengthened the cockpit slightly to suit a taller driver.
As regards the ex Chris Smith car, it never seemed to run very well in James Yeo's ownership.
I bought my GE Brooklands Replica , body no TA8 , in late 2001 , as a 95% finished project . The car  had originally been partially completed by Don Rawson between 1985 and 1990 , with lowered suspension , Girling brakes and a mag. engine. This had also been 
modified with an Allen ( pre- Phoenix ) pressure fed crank, Renault rods, reprofiled cam , large valves , Hillman Imp oil pump , 11/4" SU  etc., and according to the invoice gave 32BHP @ 6000rpm . The body was complete apart from mudguards , fireproof bulkhead and a few minor items .
Once the cwp was changed from 4.9 to 5.25 together with an Ulster ratio box the car was reasonably competitive against the Ulsters
in VSCC class 1 over the period 2004 - 2006 and was something different . At the time Chris Smith was competing in his car.
James Yeo somehow never managed to make the Chris Smith car run reliably in his ownership. 
Andy Hastings made me some very smart aluminium mudguards as he was already making similar for the Chris Smith car. 
I eventually sold the car in September 2006 via e-bay to a dealer in southern Germany for £ 7150 and as far I know is in Hamburg.