The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beyond my pocket
https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/austi...?cldtidx=8

[url=https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/austin-others-austin-seven-racer-special-gasoline-blue-8de026ef-2076-45d9-aa44-706b038fbaa5?cldtidx=8][/url]Found via ATF
Mental
seen that. one before.. has been for sale for quite some. time. now...pretty but 'overpriced' to put it. mildly .... typically German-dealer-style to ask a ludicrous amount of money.... just like Kranz Oldtimers ......
In my humble opinion, whether or not one can afford it is not really the issue. Supply and demand will establish the car's value - so if it is worth what it's owners think then a public auction would settle the matter.
I know this car and it’s amazing but is it worth that sort of money? Those of us who can’t afford it like to think not, but if someone with the money wanted it then maybe they would think so. It’s a cut above normal specials. Time will tell.
Alan Fairless
The Gordon England Brooklands replica, just appeared on EBay, at £38,000 seems almost a bargain !
Personally I value a car on the quality of the build?

The special looks to be very high quality, but actual value is between the buyer and seller.

As for the brooklands.

The car looks quite nice, but I usually get put of by a DEALERS discription. Ie. Tom Abernathy build high quality body's. ( yes he did ). But why mension it. When andy Hastings made the body? To me that discription sounds like andys work is not as good as toms. So let's add toms name to push the price.

Also the description of the engine, made buy someone used to working on rolls and bentley, very quiet. If he is a rolls man, he may know nothing of building a good seven engine. But charge more for mentioning an expensive company like rolls Royce.

I want to know if it has a pheonix crank, high lift cam, alloy flywheel, c/R gearbox. New block or recon. What head etc etc. Who built it, pigsty or Fred dibna.

All the bluster takes the buyer away from the fact that the car may actually have all that. And there was no need to pad the discription?

Feeling like a grumpy old man.
Tony.
(24-07-2019, 01:45 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Personally I value a car on the quality of the build?

Too right:

.jpg   quote.jpg (Size: 57.85 KB / Downloads: 463)
As I frequently say to enquirers "If you want a cheap job, you've come to the wrong shop"
A machine shop I use has the rules of the house in the office. For enquiries.

You can choose two from the following three.

Cheap
Fast
High Quality

If you want it Cheap and fast, you won't get high quality.
If you want it cheap and high quality, you won't get it fast.
If you want it fast and high quality, IT WONT BE CHEAP.

I use the middle choice, but don't complain when it's not in stock?

Tony.