The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruby-Opal-Pearl radiator deflector
does anybody make the bottom deflector, the one which encloses the area in front of the radiator. Or I would be interested in a good secondhand one.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Try Oxfordshire Sevens, they did make these a few years ago, or Andrew Goodfellow - Creative Metalworks
Have side deflectors - unfitted - but bottom deflector?  Not seen this?

Colin
I have one you can use as a pattern Derek - I am certain that most of these were left off because of the amount of work needed to fit and remove them, I can confirm they are a total pain!
Hi I’m looking to get maximum air throughput on the radiator for hot weather touring, thought that the deflector would assist. Any other bright ideas ?.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I did not fit it last summer on our trip and had no overheating issues despite the load and inclines Derek - just a good radiator and a four blade fan.

If the rad is clear I would suggest you will be okay - we were regularly driving in temperatures of 38-40c.
Well I bow to your superior knowledge on this one. We did get rather hot whilst climbing a few pass’s in Austria on the last Eurotour. I have now dug out a spare bonnet from my storage that’s been sitting there for 30 years, just in case. I intend to put a series of louvres along the top. Swap over touring bonnet. Can’t hurt.

Well I now to your superior knowledge on this one. We did get rather hot whilst climbing a few pass’s in Austria on the last Eurotour. I have now dug out a spare bonnet from my storage that’s been sitting there for 30 years, just in case. I intend to put a series of louvres along the top. Swap over touring bonnet. Can’t hurt.
When we drove over the Stelvio in the Pearl I opened the carb side of the bonnet, rested it on a rag and secured it with a bungee, that really helped with air flow a low speeds.

I did not need to do this on any of the other Cols on that trip (Ventoux, Iseran, Galibier, Vars, Bonnette and Simplon - plus a few I cannot remember just now), I think you will be fine - provided your radiator is in good order Derek.
Try fashioning a panel from thick-walled corrugated cardboard; it worked a treat on an overheating Triumph Herald!
R, much the same