The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brookfields Special
Stuart Palmer is making those at the moment.
what about wrapping the exhaust for the fuel pipe?
Or wrapping the fuel pipe!
HI,
I would put the Fuel pipe on the inside of the Exhaust closer to the intake manifold and put the expansion coils below the shut off tap.
Other wise the project is looking Great.
Colin
NZ
Hi Jon and Colin

Yes Jon I’ve considered wrapping the exhaust and or the fuel pipe.

I’ve also tried routing the fuel line under the exhaust but it meant that access to the float chamber banjo was impossible.

I’ll see how things go when the engine is running!

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers

Howard
I'm sure it'll cool if it's close to the louvres and that big hole. The line looks OK for avoiding vapour lock too.
Watch out while stationary though...
do you mean this Stuart Palmer??  https://rally200022.wixsite.com/austin-7...l/toy-shop
Because about September 2018 I've tried to get one from him but he was too busy with his other business and I have since not got word from him he had them in stock again
Hi All

Just a quick post to say that she started up this morning!

Second attempt (timing not quite right first time)

Dynamo not charging, exhaust very noisy, rev counter may be reading 2x too high and the led indicator warning light comes on (ghosting electrics or interference?)

So lots to do and I can’t go anywhere (Covid and the fact it’s not registered yet!)

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Cheers

Howard

PS Would have posted a video but it won’t load up  Sad.
Hi All

Not posted on this thread for a long while so I thought I’d show some bits and bobs I’ve done recently. To be honest I’m struggling with things to do until the lockdown is over. While the car has been started I can’t take it out even if I was to ignore the Welsh Assembly Lockdown rules as the car isn’t registered, I haven’t been able to have it inspected by the authorised club member and DVLA aren’t accepting applications!

The dragon mascot and temperature gauge, Brookfields logo and manufacturers plate  Smile are all a bit of frippery but I’m pleased with the remote gear change. The manufacturers plate reads “Motors HDW, Llandrindod, Wales, Ready for anything”. All in Welsh of course.

I’ve also decided to instal a dropped axle but again I’m waiting for lockdown to end before I can get the eyes repaired at chez Dunford.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   D7552682-4E4F-42C7-BF67-FA38168549CD.jpeg (Size: 80.64 KB / Downloads: 219)
.jpeg   91E47839-1A2A-4FBF-A571-74A243B366AA.jpeg (Size: 77.87 KB / Downloads: 219)
.jpeg   0ACB583E-B9C2-44FA-B646-D85EDBD58897.jpeg (Size: 84.6 KB / Downloads: 219)
It's all looking very good Howard, crack on!