The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
windscreen seal
I am about to install a new rubber windscreen seal and after dissembly, I have a question:  Is the seal supposed to be installed between the glass and the windscreen surround, or to the body windscreen frame?  see attached photos

Thanks in advance!
Steve
I can't see any photos Steve
photos of windscreen
[attachment=7092]
[attachment=7093]
In your first photo the yellow arrow is pointing to the rolled edge of the frame into which the seal is slid. However it is many decades since I had a Ruby and I can't remember where the entry point is.
entry point is not a problem, it's apart, two pieces so easy peesy
It fits into the groove of the chromed frame to the windscreen glass, you need to get the profile the right way round as it could go inside out, not that it makes much difference as in my experience the seals that have been available are not that good reproductions of originals.

The free ends need to be glued together to form a continuous seal and if there are shaped corners, they need to be fitted, the corners can pucker up, so will need to be stretched to get a decent curve, don't be surprised if you don't get a good seal to start with.

Good luck with this!
Thanks foor the helpful advice! Luckily, it's all one piece molded in the shape of the frame, so no piecing required (unless I cock it up). Unfortunately, the existing seal is rotted and no part of the flap can show me the correct direction. I have at least a 50% chance of getting it right the first time, yeaaa! Steve
Just a point to remember When I did the windscreen seal on my Ruby. I seem to recall that there are two sizes the mk2 having a slightly larger windscreen.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
thanks! Hopefully the one I got from Austin Spares will do the trick! Steve