The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear shock absorbers
Hi, I have recently serviced the rear shockers on my RP saloon.  Can anyone advise the most suitable tension
for the spring.  I have set them at about 12lb but it seems a bit too solid on the back end. Thanks.
Smiley Undecided
I have just done the same job on the Cabriolet and, on the advice of others I trust, have set them to 12lbs. The car certainly seems to ride the rather 'wavy' fen roads (up and down, not side to side..) we have round here much better than it did and feels fine to me.. Ymmv...

hth...
Thanks Hugh, I'm sure I have read somewhere else that 12 Lbs is about right.  I'll stick with it
and try to get used to it. Cheers.
I think that if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't.

Give it 50 miles, if it still doesn't feel right, change it.

It is worth trying different settings.    As I have found, varying things, sometimes you don't know what you are missing.

I thought my special was better on 15" wheels - that is what specials have, isn't it?

But when I went back to the 19's, it felt a much "happier" car.   Same again when I tweaked the front shocks up a bit.

The engine timing is best done by "feel", within limits. 

Probably the same with steering, shocks, brakes and other things.

So keep playing with the settings.
Thanks S.A.S.  I think as you say, give it a whirl for a few miles and see how it settles. Undecided