The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear reflectors...
I stand to be corrected, but as I understand it, generally our Austin 7's are not exempt from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/...le/18/made I will leave you to peruse!!!!!!
Use it.
Who said it wasn’t going to get used? I just don’t want it ripped by a bike being dropped onto the covering, no amount of T-Cut will hide that!!

I have a big journey planned for this one - watch this space.
(01-07-2019, 09:43 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have a big journey planned for this one - watch this space.

iam intrigued.......

I dont have any reflectors on the cup, i do however have a pair of Shocking Pink Sunglasses and a bright yellow balaclava!

One neat option would be to put a small drop plate on the rear lights and have the reflectors hang under the lights?
Would a thin strip of this black reflective tape along the top and bottom edges of the number plate help? I had some on the panniers of my BMW motorcycle - very effective. However, the regulations are thus and do not, for example, allow reflectors to be fitted to anything that opens - like a boot lid - or (on a vehicle) be of a triangular shape: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/...le/18/made ...sorry, Biddlecombe, just noticed that you'd included the same useful link.
Don't forget that the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations only apply "during the hours of darkness". In any case I doubt that current members of HM Constabulary are any where near as conversant with RVLRs and Con & Use as Traffic cops of yesteryear were. Most of them these days struggle with walking & whistling at the same time.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over whether you've got reflectors or not, as long as the lights and brake lights work. No point spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar.
Thank you for everyone’s ideas - I have ordered up some of the black tape Tony suggested and will report back.

Thanks again, great resource this place.
Bravo Ruairidh, I look forward to hearing more about the trip.
(01-07-2019, 10:49 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Don't forget that the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations only apply "during the hours of darkness". In any case I doubt that current members of HM Constabulary are any where near as conversant with RVLRs and Con & Use as Traffic cops of yesteryear were. Most of them these days struggle with walking & whistling at the same time.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over whether you've got reflectors or not, as long as the lights and brake lights work. No point spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar.

On the basis that the bodywork on the chummy is best part knackered and I'm in the que with the bodyman. I cant be arsed wiring up my chummy. It has lamps, but not wired (so no lamps in legal terms), nor any reflectors. No problems to date (other than making sure about arriving home before the hours of darkness)
(01-07-2019, 01:50 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 10:49 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Don't forget that the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations only apply "during the hours of darkness". In any case I doubt that current members of HM Constabulary are any where near as conversant with RVLRs and Con & Use as Traffic cops of yesteryear were. Most of them these days struggle with walking & whistling at the same time.

On the basis that the bodywork on the chummy is best part knackered and I'm in the que with the bodyman. I cant be arsed wiring up my chummy. It has lamps, but not wired (so no lamps in legal terms), nor any reflectors. No problems to date (other than making sure about arriving home before the hours of darkness)

Hedd, i was under the impression that if they were fitted they had to work.

I removed the indicators from a 1980 Vespa and sent it for an MOT, but as it still had an indicator switch this was [In theory!] a failure!