The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for my first seven
Ey up,

You're a friendly bunch! I'm West Yorkshire based, near Haworth. I travel up to work on my brother's house in Sinderby fairly regularly Duncan, I may take you up on that offer. I'll see about joining the club next week. I certainly appreciate the thoughts on destroying a car that's near 100 years old, I'd hate to do it so I'll keep my eye out for a special or chassis.

Is it really that difficult to get, say, a ruby chassis built up in to a special correctly registered?
However, I (and I'm sure the rest of the forum will support me) do not by an unfinished special from a Mr Williams on Ebay. That way, you will have much pain ahead of you. Get involved in your local Club and you will get plenty of advice and probably find the sort of car you seek..

Good luck!
"I'll see about joining the club next week. I certainly appreciate the thoughts on destroying a car that's near 100 years old, I'd hate to do it so I'll keep my eye out for a special or chassis"

That's made my day Jeff, seeing so many perfectly sound saloons being chopped up recently, when chassis are about shouldn't be happening!
I must admit, I was presuming if you got a Ruby or box, you'd see the pleasures of a hot, lowered saloon rather than chopping - there are remarkably few around but have a real purposeful presence. Some nice words by Holly Birkett in the Companion on his tatty, warmed Ruby everyday hack...
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away at a wedding. Colin Morgan has messaged me about a possible car, but I can't reply to your message Colin, it says you've got PMs disabled.

Cheers